*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978154-Covid-revisited
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#978154 added March 15, 2020 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Covid revisited
My children, like others across the country, have been called off school for the duration of Covid. They do not need babysitters so my concerns are minimal. I can continue to work and know they will survive with the social distancing in place. I feel for the parents scrambling to find reliable sitters. My youngest is a senior in high school and will miss many of his last day moments because of cancellations. But I would rather have him and the thousands of other kids at the school be safe. He will go on to make other memories. My daughter is a performing arts major and all productions have ceased. It is heart breaking for the people who have been working so hard to pull plays or recitals together. But there will be new opportunities to shine. My oldest is a senior in college and set to graduate in May. I am hopeful that the work needed can be completed online. I worry that it might impact all of our student's grades and learning experiences. But again safety is the first priority. My main message through all of this, is that we can ride the storm together. We all face challenges throughout this period of time. Remembering that I am not the only one facing worry and hardship is the key to survival. Be kind, give love, and respect, have faith, and treat one another well. Washing your hands is a great idea, but practicing patience and kindness will determine how we feel about ourselves after the storm.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978154-Covid-revisited