*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977969-Be-kind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#977969 added March 13, 2020 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Be kind
It is getting very scary out here with the Covid restrictions and cancellations. Compared to the possibility of death of anyone, my inconvenience is minimal, but with the retreat of all social gatherings it is alarming. I understand the rationale, but it doesn't make it any easier to know that I will not see my friends and family for an undetermined amount of time. Keep safe folks and remember that kindness is always the better option

In the other corner of this pandemic are my worries as a nurse.We are inundated with germs on a daily basis, to do our job of patient care the germs are unavoidable. Even with safety procedures in place and incredible hand washing, it is just a matter of time before each of us comes across a patient who unknowing carries the virus. Healthcare workers are committed to caring for their patients and will remain on the front-line for the duration. Having said that please be mindful of the reasons that i cannot just pop into your room to give you a soda or microwave your food from an outside source. And please understand that the masks and gloves stocked in our cubbies are not to be passed out for the general public, they are intended as a first line defense for healthcare workers caring for your loved ones.

Nurses have long been known to have an odd sense of humor and the ability to carry on very gross, stomach turning discussions. We eat while talking about the maladies of humanity without batting an eye.The potty humor and ability to joke about all body fluids keep us sane. We need occasional chuckles in this storm that we face. So keep those COVID memes coming! Some of them are hilarious.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977969-Be-kind