*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978550-Where-Love-Goes-From-Here
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2179217
Walking In The Love Of The Lord; Casting All My Cares On Him!
#978550 added March 19, 2020 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Where Love Goes From Here

Thursday - 8:22 a.m.



I hear the first stirrings of my love in the kitchen. I will soon listen to her cheery words of the day, marveling how sweet her voice sounds as we discuss the chill (30° at 7 am and frost on everything) and the night she had. Sleep sometimes eludes my lovely one's most valiant efforts. She had one of those nights last night. A night on the sofa watching TV until well after midnight will slow her interaction with the world for a while. But she is committed to complete some work with me this morning. So, coffee first, acknowledgement of the sunny day ahead for us and some easy chatter is the way we will go. I look forward to hearing her voice.

Of late it has become significant that we have moved from a huge city, now filled with many infected people, to a very small village on the Olympic Peninsula. On our path today is a walk on the beach where the air has never been breathed before and the sounds of the water, the gulls and the wind will be cheering our sand filled endeavors. We will have some quiet after that and meditate on how gracious our God has been to us. Even here, hundreds of miles away from a worldwide epidemic, I'm sure we would not feel safe, if not for the loving security we sense in the arms of our Father God.

God's Word for us today is from the book of Colossians chapter 3 verse 12:

12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,...

There is hope for me in this day that I may do as this verse says – Put on the compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience. I need not stay in any state of mind that is contrary to God’s love and peace. I can put on something godly and fine. Whatever happens around me there is an assurance that all will be well for those whose trust is in the Lord.

As I spoke these words to our bit-of-a-covenant group today, some online, some on the telephone, we were reminded that fear and worry is the opposite of putting on something more godly, like compassionate hearts, kindness and humility.

My love's eyes spoke to mine in agreement as her voice took up the prayer of faith, for our teachers, our leaders and our community. How precious to have this love in my life; how especially comforting now in the midst of the first signs of the Awakening of Christ's church whose sole purpose in life is the work of taking God's promises of life to a dying world.





*Music2*~Kenword~*Music2* *Mugr*

 
         Signature For IWG         Merit Badge in Inspirational W G
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new "Inspirational ~W~G~" merit badge for your group,  [Link To Item #1990737] ! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We appreciate it! -SMs
*Music2**Music1**Music2* *Music2**Music1**Music2*
 
♫~ Kenword~♫
 
(101@100513)_(101x2@030614)_(100x6@031820)____
 (YCM_@122313)




© Copyright 2020 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (UN: kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
♫~ Kenword~♫ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978550-Where-Love-Goes-From-Here