*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978622-March-20-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#978622 added March 20, 2020 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
March 20, 2020
"March 20, 2020 The Original Logo.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

The Original Logo. Prompt: "Share a time when your mouth hung open in shock/awe/surprise/wonder etc. What was it that made you feel that way?"

It takes a lot to shock or surprise me. About the only time I am really surprised is if I see a big move of Holy Spirit. It's not that anything He does surprises me for anything is possible to Him. It's just that sometimes He does things that are hard for me to wrap my head around. I look back on my life and I see how He has guided my every footstep to bring me to where I am today. For example I had my mind set on applying to Marshall University's MSW program this fall. Holy Spirit showed me that I was actually going to apply to Regent University in the M. Div. program. Then he revealed to me how everything I am doing and everything I had studied would play a role in that. It was no coincidence that five of my six years in undergraduate school were at Ohio Valley University in Parkersburg WV, one of the best Bible colleges in the country. It set the foundation for my M. Div.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Tell us about your night time rituals before you go to bed."

I think we all have night time rituals or routines we go through. Mine are the same every night. I take my medication around 2000 hours (8:00PM for civilians), and then talk to my friends a little bit by phone while I wait for my sleeping pill to work. Usually after talking for a bit, I will give myself twenty minutes to read the Bible and another ten minutes to journal. Then I put on my C-PAP mask and turn in. I am usually sound asleep by 2130 or 2200. I get up every morning at 0445 to do rounds so going to bed earlier has become a habit. I walk from room to room with the night nurse as she does bed checks in the morning.

Blog City image small Prompt: "We're all creatures of habit with specific rituals. Tell us what your mornings are like? Do you have the same ritual on weekends as you do Monday-Friday?"

What are weekends? Oh that's right! Those are the days when I used to stay in bed until 1000 hours. (10:00AM for civilians.) Then I started taking medication that required me to get up early so I became floor leader at the WV Veterans Home as well. Now I get up at 0445 and walk from room to room with the nurse as she does bed checks. Then I either lie back down until 0600 or take a shower. Either way I have a shower every day. Then I pray and eat breakfast.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978622-March-20-2020