*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978732-Precognition
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2214457
Here I go down a rabbit hole. What will I encounter? What will I write? Viva l'imagination
#978732 added March 29, 2020 at 1:39pm
Restrictions: None
Precognition
         PROMPT: Can you tell the future? Create a blog giving us events that would transpire on Dec. 21, 2020.
         
         
         I'll be limping and whimpering as I struggle to bake the final few batches of delicious Christmas goodies. Those cookie calories come at a price. Surely, I'm not the only baker to fracture a couple of toes in the relative safety of their home? I can't be the sole klutz who insists upon made-from-scratch treats even if they risk life and limb? Sigh, I do tend to be distracted by my desire to multi-task. When the oven timer shrieks, I hasten to answer. I do not seem to possess a great sense of where I am in relation to heavy furniture and sneaky corners. My poor vulnerable toes connect too often at their detriment.
         I'll soothe myself with the thought that I will not have to pull on a pair of winter boots until the 24th. Until then my battered digits will putter about inside. The raging blizzard screaming and howling outside, battering the walls, will not need my company. I'll press my nose to the frosted glass of my living room window and lament the growing snow drifts. Perhaps I'll imagine rolling that snow and creating a snowman, a bonhomme de neige, with my almost two-year old grand giggle, Alexandra.
         Sydney, my eldest grand giggle will be home from her first semester at college. She'll have mastered driving her own car in winter conditions. She jokes that an accident would just be a make-work project for her father and the local body shop. Her Dad, Chris, will shake his head and remind her it's his job to worry about her. She's heard about his driving exploits. Never will her record compare to his. As I said, Syd now has the confidence and in her mind she's invincible.
          Facebook will be buzzing with news of an accident that shut down the highway North of here. Three transports jack knifed in the whiteout conditions. Hubby phones to say he's stranded just beyond the closure and all he can do is wait it out. This is the life of a long-haul trucker, hurry up and wait.
         The restrictions implemented for the COVID-19 outbreak are officially lifted. This is fantastic timing! We can all celebrate Christmas at traditional gatherings. The local schools quickly arrange their annual pageants with music and skits. The village's Christmas festivities are restored to our delight. There will be hay rides through the streets to see the sparkling lights. No hurrying at all. I enjoy the gentle swaying and the steady pace of the grand horses.I'll hear sweet, joyous carolling.
          No more masks for my neighbours, but they still have their mouths and noses covered. The freezing temperatures encourage mufflers. This article of warmth is aptly named. I strain to recognize voices. Yep, I limped outside to greet them. The tumble into the fresh snow is worth it. We celebrate with a round of bear hugs. Happy no-more-social-distancing.
( 500 words )

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978732-Precognition