*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979988-April-2-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#979988 added April 2, 2020 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
April 2, 2020
The Original Logo.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

The Original Logo. Prompt: "My coworkers and I had a virtual happy hour today where we all just chatted and played "Never have I ever". *Laugh* It was great to feel the connection between everyone, even though we're physically distanced.

How are you trying to stay socially close to others while #SaferAtHome and physically quarantined?"

I am staying busy during this shut down. I am the chaplain of the WV Veterans Home and I am also floor leader of Delta-2 in the building where I live. Our housekeeping staff has been laid off during this shut down so I am doubling as part time housekeeper as well. I mop 100 yards of hallway and clean two day rooms and sanitize the bathrooms at least once a day. I also spend a lot of time doing my job as chaplain and counseling people who are naturally nervous and anxious to get out of here. I also talk to outsiders by phone and Facebook. I just downloaded Google Duos so I can try to do face-to-face Bible studies with some of my students. I stay busy. The days go by pretty quickly. I am also reading my text books for my graduate classes. Give me two more years and I will be signing everything Marvin D. Schrebe, M.Div. instead of Marvin D. Schrebe RBA. Maybe there is just a hint of vanity there, but I worked hard for my degree.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Who's your favorite author? Why? Is it because of the story or the characters involved?"

I am my favorite author of course! I love to go back and read things I wrote three years or so back because I have forgotten about them by then and it is like reading the work of a stranger.

In all seriousness though, my favorite authors are Charles Dickens and Louis L'amour. I also like reading William Johnstone if I am just reading for fun.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Write a poem or prose using five titles of Beatles songs."

To be honest I don't know five of them. I was never allowed to listen to them as a child and really never did as an adult either. Sorry.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979988-April-2-2020