*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980350-Phara-The-Mystic-Dragon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2039309
A human baby girl is adopted by a family of dragons.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#980350 added April 5, 2020 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Phara The Mystic Dragon.
Crystal left the palace and flew back to her dwelling, chirping in utter joy and delight. Gargoyle, however roared cries of worry and concern. There was much weighing upon his mind for his family and all of Mysteria. Would this human infant grow to want to know of her people? Will she accept the life of a dragon, would she want the rite of the rebirth promised to her? Was it at all their place to decide this for her… He sighed as he flew with his life mate to their uncertain future as the guardians of a human female Wiccan child.

Inside the palace, Scilock had worries of his own. He would have to address the dragons of Mysteria and explain the conflicting, powerful emotions that had been projected from the royal family. “How should I bring this to light?” There was worry in his voice. “A legend has come full circle but it has taken a turn no individual or group could have possibly predicted.”

“Tell the dragons of Mysteria the truth.” Epoxy spoke simply, calmly. “It is what you are best at.”

With a heavy sigh, Scilock walked through a doorway with Epoxy at his side into an outside garden that overlooked all nine islands of Mysteria. He drew in a breath, choosing his words carefully as he addressed his kingdom… “Dragons of Mysteria, an event of considerable concern has come to our peaceful kingdom. We now face a time of both sorrow and rejoice.”

Epoxy then spoke calmly with Scilock allowing her voice to be heard throughout the kingdom. “The mighty Katrina of Wiccan had passed onto the next plain before she could claim her rite of the rebirth. However, she has brought onto us the offspring of her birth child to be cared for as her final wish.”

Scilock then spoke, calm and clearly. “It has been decreed by the sacred ghost council that this human youngling be cared for and raised as one of our own until her thirteenth year which is seen as the humans age of reasoning. On this year, she will be given the rite of the rebirth in place of Katrina of Wiccan.”

Again, Epoxy spoke. Her voice confident and firm. “By this rite, she will live the life of a true dragon upon the end of her human life… whether or not she chooses to live among us passed this year. This fragile youngling has been given the name of Phara of Igneous.”

Scilock and Epoxy paused, both feeling the concerns and sorrow of their kingdom. Their next few words would carry much weight and responsibility. He and his life mate would have to speak clearly and carefully. Scilock spoke first firmly but kindly. “Never in dragon history has a human of any age lived among us. There will no doubt be many challenges ahead of both us and this fragile youngling.”

Epoxy then spoke with the same firmness. “However, we the dragons of Mysteria owe much to Katrina of Wiccan during her long life. We cannot deny her this final request or our honor means nothing.”

They then both spoke with firmness and kindness they had been long known to possess. “We ask only of you to show patience and understanding while Gargoyle ye Igneous and his life mate, Crystal shelter and raise this mysterious creature the humans call a baby girl.”

Upon giving their address to the dragons of Mysteria, both the curious and the concerned flocked to Beta Island to see this human child who had been given the rite of the rebirth at such an early age. Their minds filled questions and concerns, they came to Gargoyle’s dwelling in force… Fearing possible trouble, Irec and Narita flew ahead of the flock and greeted them outside of the dwelling.

“Good dragons, hear me!” Irec spoke with both firmness and respect. “I share all of your your concerns and questions but I ask you bring them one small group at a time!”

“For now, only female dragons may approach!” Gargoyle’s sudden announcement was fierce and filled with authority. “Phara is Wiccan born, her magic has moved my life mate to nest… You know the law! Only females or the life mate may approach a nest!”

The first group of curious females entered the dwelling with caution, not knowing what to expect. They were led by Narita to the furthest back room where Crystal was curled up in a nest of petrified wood twigs and gravel with the baby girl, Phara in her arms, resting…

“She is so tiny!”

“How did she come into your care?”

“Are there humans searching for this little one?”

The questions and comments went on for several minutes before Crystal raised her hand to speak. “Phara, who had brought the miracle of my new fertility, came on the same mechanical dragon that hath saved the princess Phara of legendary past.” She blushed. “I shared this experience with my life mate in the royal chambers. The mechanical dragon rests on Omega Island.”

Upon saying her peace, Crystal held Phara up high for the females to see. The infant giggled and cooed at the curious females who cooed in return. Then, a golden aura then appeared around Phara in the form of a baby dragon. This aura opened its wings and gave a little roar like a real baby dragon before vanishing. The baby then cooed and giggled with females cooing with more enthusiasm upon seeing this. The Wiccan infant truly had a dragon’s aura, she had been accepted. Gargoyle released a warm sigh of relief from the greeting chamber, hearing the accepting coos. One fear had been resolved but many remained. Among the waiting males, Char, a fire dragon gave a frustrated sigh. He was of Gargoyle’s build with red skin and a short neck but long snout and ram like horns.

“How will such a fragile creature survive, even to her thirteenth year among us dragons?” His voice was not of malice but of concern.

Gargoyle gave a fiery sigh of his own. “The same question has boggled my mind among others. Only I am honor bound by the last wish of a legendary Wiccan and the decree of the ghost council to uphold a dying wish and the sacred rite.”

Char gave a slight nod. “I do not envy you in that regard.”

The two turned as the first group of females left the dwelling on good terms and the second group entered, anxious to meet the fragile youngling. Like the first group, they shared their comments... “Such a gentle creature…”

“Her dragon aura is beautiful and so powerful…”

“She is going to break hearts in years to come should she choose to become a true dragon…”

“The next test will be if the males accept her once nesting ends…”

“They will approve if they wish to mate next season…”

Char shook his head, hearing the comments. “You carry the burden of a heavy responsibility.” He placed a hand onto Gargoyle’s shoulder. “I will spread the word of the female’s approval. This will prevent life mate quarrels.”

Gargoyle placed a hand onto Char’s shoulder in return with a smile. “That is what all males prefer to avoid.”

The two shared a chuckle then waited as the last of the females entered then left for their own dwellings. Char left with his own life mate as Gargoyle entered his dwelling. He found Crystal curled up in her nest with Phara. Narita said her ‘til we next meet’ with Irec then came to Gargoyle’s side. Her expression was of curiosity. “Humans are strange looking…”

Gargoyle grunted. “No more strange than we appear to them.”

Crystal smiled. “She is perfect.” Her voice was a coo of affection. “I love her as equally as I love my life mate and you, Narita.” She smiled warmly. “We have been blessed twice, raising two children of legend.”

Narita smiled, considering this. “That makes a kinship between us… we are part of the same story, of the same legend.”

Crystal smiled. “We can have younglings of our own, Gargoyle.” Her voice intimate and soft. “The Gods have decided to smile upon us with their blessings.”

Gargoyle smiled for his life mate though the worries still plagued his mind. “We will discuss the possibilities at a more appropriate time, my love.” His voice was kind but filled with caution. “We all have much to celebrate but we also have much to prepare for.”

Narita nodded. “Then let us prepare.”

Crystal smiled kindly. “Of course, my life mate.” She raised her hand, motioning Narita to come closer. She did and was pulled into a warm embrace the four shared. “Our family is growing…”

Phara giggled, waving her arms up and down as if to fly. Crystal gave a bemused smile, knowing what was about to come. Gargoyle was surprised to find a glowing gold aura in the shape of a dragon appear around her and flap its wings. It gave a roar like a true baby dragon then vanished.

“Magic…” His whispered voice came through a smile. “We have a Wiccan born mystic dragon to raise.”

Narita turned to her adopted father, curious. “Do you think this aura will allow her to fly, adfa?”

Gargoyle shrugged. “I am not certain.” He gave a smile. “We will all discover this together in the years to come.”
© Copyright 2020 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980350-Phara-The-Mystic-Dragon