*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980395-TNT
Rated: GC · Book · Music · #2218303
Where music moves me. Here are my stories. Album #1
#980395 added April 6, 2020 at 2:46pm
Restrictions: None
T.N.T.

"T.N.T."

(Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi)

See me ride out of the sunset
On your colour TV screen
Out for all that I can get
If you know what I mean
Women to the left of me
And women to the right
Ain't got no gun
Ain't got no knife
Don't you start no fight

'Cause I'm T.N.T., I'm dynamite
(T.N.T.) and I'll win the fight
(T.N.T.) I'm a power load
(T.N.T.) watch me explode

I'm dirty, mean, and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted man
Public enemy number one
Understand?
So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess me 'round

'Cause I'm T.N.T. I'm dynamite
(T.N.T.) and I'll win the fight
(T.N.T.) I'm a power load
(T.N.T.) watch me explode

T.N.T., (oi, oi, oi)
T.N.T., (oi, oi, oi)
T.N.T., (oi, oi, oi)
T.N.T., (oi, oi, oi)

T.N.T., (oi, oi, oi), I'm dynamite
(T.N.T., oi, oi, oi), and I'll win the fight
(T.N.T., oi, oi, oi), I'm a power load
(T.N.T.), watch me explode!


*Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet*


Three thousand, one hundred and sixty five days. That was the exact number of days Benji spent in lock up. Jammer met him outside with his bike. It felt good to have his buddy back on the road with him. They took two days to get home. It looked like Benji was enjoying the ride. Jammer couldn't say for sure, Benji didn't have much to say. When they stopped for the night, he and Benji went to the diner across the street and ordered a ton of food.

"Dude, you can't eat all that." Even the waitress was laughing as she brought all the plates.

"I know. But I haven't had some of this stuff for years." He ended up taking a few bites off each plate and then ate his entire steak.

Jammer laughed. "You're gonna be sorry on the ride tomorrow."

"A good cup of coffee or two and I'll be set free." Benji rubbed his belly. "Right now, I want to lay on this soft bed and watch the tube."

"Fine with me." Jammer was beat. Getting too old for these long rides. Soon enough, it was lights out, except for the light from the sign outside streaming into the room through a part in the curtains. Didn't much matter, he was tired enough to ignore it and zonk out.

"Bro." Benji's soft voice interrupted his drift into sleep. "You know I'm gonna do it."

"I know."

"My kid ain't there, right?"

"No, she's livin' with her boyfriend." Jammer sighed. "She's a good kid. Despite her mother."

"That bitch's been eating a hole in my heart. I can't get past it unless I do something. Her and Jackie Boy fucked me over."

"I know."

"Just so you know, I love you man. You've been loyal."

"I know. I love you too Benji, you're my brother, man." Jammer adjusted his pillow and started snoring.

The next morning, they had a big breakfast and rode out. The second day is always the worst, Jammer could feel every bump of the road. His ass felt like it was riding on a brick. Once they got off the Interstate and onto country road, Benji lit out, riding fast and leaning into the bike on every turn. Jammer smiled as he rode right behind him. He knew what that freedom ride felt like. He was incarcerated before, too. When you're in a motorcycle club, shit just happens or you get targeted by the cops. Either way, you spent time in lock up.

Just before they got into town, Benji rode up beside him and saluted. Jammer waved and Benji took a right and disappeared into the back country. Jammer had an inkling about where he was going, but that was Benji's business not his, and the less he knew, the better. Chances are, Benji was heading to a little shack the MC had on Long Lake, a good place to lay low. And the fishing was fantastic.

Jammer went back to the shop on Monday and worked the regular week. The guys asked about Benji and he told them he didn't know where he was. Everyone from the MC got serious and nodded when he said that. It wasn't good.

Right before Christmas, the snow was deep and heavy, so Jammer was driving his winter car when he heard it on the news, a big explosion in town. He laid on the brakes and did a U-turn back into town. It wasn't a big town, only a little over three thousand people. He turned in on Crescent and saw flashing lights at the cross street. He slowed up and wove through all the looki-loos standing in the intersection. He pulled the car over and stared down the block. Debris was everywhere, the street and every lawn and roof was littered with it. Benji's old house was completely gone. It was now a pile of timbers tilted into the basement and burning. Jammer's gut went cold. He got back in his car and beat it home. And sure enough, the cops were at his door.

"Hey Jeffrey." They didn't use his nickname. Wouldn't be proper-like. He went to high school with them. Christopher, Mikey and he crossed paths once in a while.

"Officers, how can I help you?" Playing along with the game. They both knew what went down.

"We're looking for Benjamin Solham. Is he staying with you?"

"No, sir. Care to come in?" He was unlocking and going in. He had nothing to hide.

Chris walked in, close on his heels. "Just a quick look, since you invited me."

Jammer knew they both had body cams so why not let them look. They weren't going to find anything.

A look around every room and the cop was ready to leave. "Thanks Jeffrey."

"No problem, Mikey."

"Let us know if you see Benji, we need to talk to him."

"You know that ain't gonna happen. He's starting fresh after jail. He won't be around."

The cop nodded. "Yeah, I get it." Then he left.

Jammer knew Benji would get a hold of him when the coast was clear. They'd done it before, moved on, found a different MC and settled in a new town. Hopefully somewhere a little warmer; this snow sucks.

Just a matter of time.



884 words


© Copyright 2020 Legerdemain (UN: legerdemain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Legerdemain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980395-TNT