*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980875-Happy-Easter
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#980875 added April 12, 2020 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Happy Easter
Death and Resurrection both subjects that gives one pause to think about.

We don't usually talk about death, except to family members when we've lost a love one. Today the death report of people dying in the United States is daily and unimaginable. The Corona Virus is decimating a big part of our population, and we're not meeting the needs of everyone involved.

Resurrection is another word that is not spoken to frequently except in the Christian community. If you're a believer it's easy to understand and it's the reason we celebrate Easter.

I'm a believer and I take my beliefs very personally. I'm not a evangelist, you won't find me on a street corner trying to talk you into something you don't want. If in the course of a conversation with someone and religion comes up I will express my beliefs if asked and give the reason for them.

I went to a psychologist when I was working and dealing with issues. Once he found out I was a Christian, he related all of his advise using Jesus as his model. It was very enlightening and helped me along my path.

Giving is an important part of being a Christian, and for non believers also. My wife gives without any thought when she sees problems that need to be addressed. I've had a harder time learning to let go and give to those who need it more than I do. We're not wealthy but we certainly have enough to share.

I equate myself to the young man who came to Jesus and asked what he needed to do too enter the Kingdom of Heaven he said "You know the commandments: you shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother." The young man said "Teacher all these I have kept since I was a boy." Jesus said "Go and sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven then come follow me." The boy left sad for he had many things.

I did not leave and have learned to give and look forward to finding the treasure in Heaven.

Life Is Good - God Bless

© Copyright 2020 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980875-Happy-Easter