*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981111-April-14-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#981111 added April 14, 2020 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
April 14, 2020
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsThe Original Logo.Blog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Almost everyone is wearing some type of mask when they go out in public. Hove you seen any of the homemade masks? Have you seen any unusual or interesting masks? Describe them."

The West Virginia National Guard is making masks for employees of the State of West Virginia and for first responders, nurses. and health care workers. The masks are designed with a dual filtering system and were originally designed by a college here in West Virginia and tested by other colleges here. They cover the mouth and nose much like a regular surgical mask, but have a special added filter. I'm sure they have shared the technology and others will be seeing them soon. I'm happy to say that something is working in West Virginia. While death tolls in surrounding states have reached into the hundreds, West Virginia so far has had only nine deaths. They expect that number to rise and as our governor Jim Justice said, the nine we lost were nine too many. We expect to be back to normal by the end of May. With a pandemic though you never know. My heart goes out to anybody who has suffered tragically over this.
I spend a good bit of my time working with the housekeeping department here at the Veterans Home. In fact, the custodian for my floor came in today and had nothing to do because I had already finished it all. He went to another floor and worked. I figure that if my efforts help save somebody's life then it is well worth my time.
I have seen some pretty bizarre masks though. They had one mask on Facebook that had what looked like lace webbing to holding it in place. Then I have seen people wearing bandanas, but I don't think that would work well. I did see one mask that looked like the person was wearing a gas mask. I believe that is overkill.

The Original Logo. Prompt: "Staying at Home: Storytime
Which items in your home have a story of how they came to be there."

Everything I'm my home has a story but my television has the fondest story of all. I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV. They purchase Christmas gifts every year. In September they asked me to give them a list of what I wanted for Christmas. I told them that all I wanted was a shirt, a pair of pants, and a pair of boots. When Christmas came I got all of that and a 39" flat screen television.

Blog City image small Prompt: ""White lips, pale face, breathing in snow flakes" - These were the opening lyrics from the very first time most people heard an Ed Sheeran song, and since then he's gone from strength to strength!

If you were writing a song lyric to show your strength what would it be?"

If I were writing a song lyric to show my strength it would showcase my faith in Jesus Christ because He is my strength. People don't understand. The kingdom of God is an upside-down kingdom. What we humans view as weakness is actually a strength. Love is a strength. Faith is a strength. Willingness to serve is a strength.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981111-April-14-2020