*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981471-Journey-of-seeker-of-truth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#981471 added April 19, 2020 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Journey of seeker of truth

At the beginning of one’s sādhanā (Austere endeavour/spiritual practice for the purpose of preparing oneself for Self- realization) the sādhak goes through a stage where, if anyone comes to pay obeisance, he feels embarrassed, insignificant, unworthy of anyone’s salute, and withdraws himself thinking that it will lead to a loss of spiritual energy.
As this energy increases, he may lean towards working for the welfare of humanity. He blesses those who do pranām (Obeisance - touching the forehead to the ground in the presence of a deity / Genuflection – a gesture of reverence) to him. When asked, he tries to explain spiritual matters to the best of his ability like a person who finds satisfaction in undertaking charitable works when he becomes wealthy. At that stage, his goodness, compassion, accumulated wisdom, benevolent attitude towards forgiveness and equality, openness, and simplicity are evident and bring joy to all as well as to himself, since these qualities are aspects of the Truth.

He avoids greed and attachment and hence eschews malice, untruth, and calumny. He feels eager to share with all, what he has got and what he has come to know. The listener feels joy to hear his words. Outwardly he looks sweet and serene.
Advancing on the path of truth and sincerity he gains some siddhis (supernatural powers), which manifest themselves in personal matters and worldly affairs.
As there is still hidden within him the desire for praise and fame, he gains satisfaction by helping others in some way or receiving gifts to be used for good work. This reveals that the roots of his egoistical tendencies are not yet destroyed. Too much involvement
in displaying one’s siddhis inevitably leads to their loss. Confused between truth and untruth, he may be led astray from the path of truth without at first realizing it; but when he does so it becomes a matter of grave sorrow to him.

Therefore, it is imperative to keep one’s attention fixed on the ultimate goal.
When the sādhak concentrates with his entire heart and soul on the practice of his sādhanā, different spiritual experiences unfold within him as he progresses along the path. Once this process begins, the sādhak develops an intense dislike for all matters other than those spiritual.

At the mere mention or sight of anything unrelated to THAT, a stinging or burning sensation comes upon him as if pricked by thorns or touched by fire. He wants to talk only of God and about nothing else, and because he is constantly absorbed in thoughts of the Supreme Being, his general behaviour appears pleasing.

He may acquire and subtly display many supernatural powers as per his progress.
Those sādhaks who are not able to shun these powers, but become enmeshed in this game, are unable to proceed further, whereas those who can overcome these obstacles, reach the highest level. When the sādhak reaches even more elevated levels, the tendency to communicate with others lessens. He still attempts to answer questions from genuine seekers of knowledge, although he realizes that such matters will not easily be understood without serious self endeavour on the part of the enquirer or their guru’s grace.

And if anyone tries to pay obeisance to him, the sādhak feels seared like when water is poured into a hot vessel. The desires and wishes of the person making pranām affect the sādhak like an electric shock. Once he transcends the physical and is established in his true nature, none of these things can affect him but till such time there is no escape from the emotional storm.


Only a few of the stages experienced by the sādhak have been mentioned. Of course, the way in which the jagat-guru’s (A jagat guru is a spiritual teacher of the World who is able to create worlds, transmit power onto others without losing one’s own power. A guru who transcends all sects, classes and creeds and grants salvation to all deserving humans) compassion flows is quite apart from this.
Hearing this, a question was asked, “We have now heard about the sādhak, but why are You affected in this way by our obeisance?”
Mā replied: Do not take this Body into consideration.

She just goes on playing momentarily with one thing after another, don’t you see? It has always been like that.
In this great journey there is always the fear of obstacles coming your way, therefore you must proceed with utmost caution. That is why great skill is needed to enter the path.
Although initiated, some sādhaks may still go astray after learning the external rituals of worship, like singing kīrtan, reading from the scriptures, guiding others in pūjā, japa, or meditation and allowing them to pay obeisance and blessing them through touch, etc.

They may decorate themselves with perfume, sandalwood paste, and garlands in trying to look like genuine sādhus. Generally, those who cannot recognize true sādhus (ascetic) and have only a little thirst for divine knowledge are the persons attracted to such types and derive pleasure from their company. As you yourselves admit, the one in whom you take shelter (Guru) can at best give you only as much as he is capable of giving. But when God’s grace is combined with certain auspicious conditions the disciple can surpass even his preceptor.


How will the full benefit come to those who are interested in imitating holy men? It is not that they will not receive any fruit at all, but only in a limited way; as you see, their actions are motivated by self-gratification, and desire for fame.
Initially, a sādhak or a householder suppresses his material desires in favour of pursuing his goal of attaining the Supreme by involving himself in kīrtan (Chanting or singing the names or glories of God) , reading scriptures, japa (recitation of mantra or a name of God as received from the Guru at the time of initiation), meditation with full focus so as to realize his true self. But the desire for fame and materialistic achievement may remain latent in him and manifest later because he has not yet freed himself from anger, greed, attachment and envy. However, the initial act of discipline to save himself from māyā (worldly attachment) will still have its effect (in this world of cause and effect).


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981471-Journey-of-seeker-of-truth