*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981487-Stay-Calm-Carry-On
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#981487 added April 19, 2020 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Stay Calm, Carry On
Saturday, April 18th Prompt
by Carol St. Ann (884)

It’s been fun. I turn over the prompting to our next volunteer and wish you all well.

4/18
Staying at Home: Up We Go!
Dig Deep. Share your best, most profound uplifting words of wisdom for those who have become disheartened and down.

Carol St. Ann
         
         
         
         
         Ya, yesterday the 18th, I kinda felt tired. I moped around a bit and then settled down with a new novel and I didn't come up for air until I'd finished reading it. Time is irrelevant when I'm immersed in a good book. That is what I do when I want to escape, or decompress, I read. Everything else fades away for a short time.
         I then dragged myself outside for a stroll in the sunshine. Huffing and puffing, fighting the strong breeze for control of my wayward hair, feeling my leg muscles contract, I felt alive. It felt freeing to be out and about. I left the four walls of my home behind.
         This self-isolation/quarantine/lockdown is dragging on and on. It seems interminable. When will it end?
         Did you know there are a plethora of platitudes circling the planet? Let a smile be your umbrella. Turn that frown upside down. Fake it 'til you make it. Don't worry, be happy. It's not always that simple , is it?
         I believe we should stop watching the news, or at least curtail our watching of it. Most of it is repetitive and depressing. Yes, there is a worldwide pandemic, but do we really need to hear about it 24/7? We are living it the best we can. We couldn't prevent it. We cope with it day by day. Too much of the newscasts focus on the doom and gloom, spouting statistics, and projected numbers. It's all too much to process.
         Did you know the British government created motivational posters for the public during the second World War? They were posted in public places and meant to reassure citizens. Many of these posters were simple and printed with these inspiring words, Stay Calm, Carry On. That's what most of us attempt to do in a crisis, carry on. We persevere. We soldier on. We don't give up.
         We carry on to benefit ourselves, our loved ones, our countries, our fellow citizens.
         We think of what we are grateful for, what has created joy in our lives. We strive to maintain that. We cherish it.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981487-Stay-Calm-Carry-On