*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981743
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(158)
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2178453
This book holds the items for the contest I enter in 2019, 2020, and beyond.
#981743 added April 22, 2020 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
April 22: poem letter - To Earth Day Celebrants in 2070
To Earth Day Celebrants in 2070

Dear Earth Day Celebrants,

I'm writing you on the fiftieth anniversary of Earth Day, April 22, 2020. Today most of humanity is in quarantine because of COVID-19. In a few small ways, this quarantine has alleviated the pollution problem, but it hasn't solved it. Nor has the quarantine solved the issues with global warming and climate change.

I'm not sure when this quarantine will end. There are some who want it to end at the end of April or May. There are some states planning on ending the quarantine and lock-down within the next few weeks, because of its effect on the economy. I suspect ending the quarantine before June or July will be too soon. However, for some people the economic bottom-line overrides consideration for their own health.

I know, or perhaps I should say I hope, that Earth and humanity in your time are more united. That you think of yourselves as citizens of Earth rather then just citizen of any one nation. I know that the only way we can solve the problems facing us in 2020 is through a united effort of the whole of humanity and every nation.

There are many of us in 2020 who are working toward the unity of the plane. We want to see peace on Earth in our time, which for some of us may not be possible. Still we continue to work toward unity because we know its light can illumine the whole Earth.

Another World Citizen,
Prosperous Snow

Poet's Note:

© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981743