*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982013-No-Place-To-Hide
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#982013 added April 25, 2020 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
No Place To Hide
Jalál (Glory), 18 Jalál (Glory) 177 B.E. Saturday, April 25, 2020
The Sixth Day of Ridvan

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Describe the best place to hide in your home (closet, bed - under it or the covers, basement, attic, behind the couch, in a cupboard, etc.), and why it is the best?

No Place To Hide

In my 73 years on Earth, I've never lived in a house or an apartment that had a good place to hide. I've lived in three houses that had attics, but no basements. I've lived in three apartments with neither attic nor basement. For someone suffering from arachnophobia, an attic--because of the real or imagined spiders--isn't a good place to hide.

One of the houses I lived in had a root cellar (it was in Oklahoma, so we called it a storm cellar). It didn't have electricity, so the only time you could safely hide it in was during the day, when you could leave the cellar door open. Hiding in it during the night, was an adventure in stress. You never knew what kind of eight-legged critters were crawling around and waiting to drop on your head.

I suppose the bathrooms would be a good place to hide. However, most bathrooms in apartments are too small for more than two people to hide in. No matter how immaculate a housekeeper you are bathrooms attract spiders and mice. I can tell you from experience, that mice get really pissed off when you are between them and their exit. Plus if the police are looking for you, they'll breakdown your door and send in the dogs. I don't think there's a good place to hide in any house or apartment.

I remember when I was in grade school, we had atomic bomb drills. During those drills the teachers taught us to hide under our desk in case an enemy dropped an atomic bomb on our town. I don't think hiding under the desk would save anyone's life. If an A-bomb had been dropped on the Blackwell Zinc Smelter, the entire town would have goon up in one huge mushroom cloud.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982013-No-Place-To-Hide