*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982323-Tick-Tock
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#982323 added April 29, 2020 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
Tick Tock
PROMPT APRIL 29
How have you been (or not been) keeping track of the days?
         
         
         
Sometimes, I believe I should be scratching a big, bold 'x' on a wall for each day of my captivity, er, um, my self-isolation. It seems so dramatic and effective in movies revealing the desperation of prison occupants. One 'x' for each day behind bars,unless all those marks represent the roman numeral ten? Ack, I'd really lose count then. What if it was only an eighth day, or a ninth, but I miscounted and claimed it to be a tenth?
         There's an amusing meme floating out there in Facebook space. The days of the week have been renamed as 'thisday', 'thatday' etcetera. They all blend into a meaningless blur.
         I have definitely not been counting the days. I am well aware that it's been ' a while.' I'm not exactly sure if it's been 'forever' or ' a lifetime', but the time passed has been considerable.
         My one and only clock raps out a steady rhythm, tick, tock, tick, tock. All those seconds add up I suppose.
         I cannot claim to be completely oblivious of what day of the week it is, or the calendar date. My perfectly competent computer takes care of that and posts the pertinent information in the lower right hand screen. I also jot notes in/on a calendar. The memory can be fickle and this habit has paid off for insurance claims and medical information in the past. When did the injury happen? When and where did you seek treatment? On what day did the Covid-19 lockdown commence?
         I am not keeping track of the days by counting the missed birthday parties, the cancelled reunion, the delayed anniversaries and a possible postponed wedding.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982323-Tick-Tock