*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982538-Super-Genius
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#982538 added May 2, 2020 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Super Genius
Some prompts are easier than others. This is not one of those.

PROMPT May 2nd

What one fictional character would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?


Lara Croft, because she's smart and hot, and "Can I raid your tomb?"

On second thought, I'd rather not have my final words be a cheesy pickup line, so let's pick someone else.



That's right. Wile E. Coyote is the one fictional character I would most like to meet and talk to.



The reason is simple: I want the answers to a few questions. I imagine the meeting would go something like this (you'll have to imagine him holding up signs for his part of the conversation):

"Hey, Wile."

"Hey, Waltz."

"Wile... why?"

"Why what?"

"Well, you're a bit like Sisyphus, aren't you? Always chasing that Road Runner, and always failing, and yet you keep trying."

He shrugs. "I'm hungry."

"I get that, but, you know, why not, I dunno... scavenge?"

"But I'm specifically hungry for Road Runner."

"Look, this pursuit clearly isn't working out for you."

"I suppose I'm also teaching kids an important lesson."

"Yeah, I learned it long ago."

"And what exactly did you learn, Waltz?"

"I learned to never pursue your goals, because not only will you be disappointed, but the methods you use in pursuing your goals will inevitably leave you worse off than you were before."

He blinks. "That's... that's very Buddhist, you know."

"I suppose."

"And wrong."

"Look, mutt, you're the one setting yourself up to be a bad example, here. I learned how to do that from you, too."

"You were supposed to learn that you should always follow your dreams, even if you fail the first time."

"Well, Wile, that's just idiotic. Better to reduce your expectations and be realistic about your own limitations. And above all, avoid getting blown up or flattened at the bottom of a cliff. Besides, what's the goal, here? You want to devour an autonomous living creature whose only crime is being delicious."

"He's also way too smug."

"Okay, you have a point, there."

"Anyway, I gotta go. I'm expecting a delivery from Acmezon, and I wanna get back to my lair before Sylvester does his porch-pirate thing."

"Good talk, Wile."

"See ya, Waltz."

Aaaaand that's all, folks.

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982538-Super-Genius