*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982841
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#982841 added May 5, 2020 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
Stay at Home and Thriving? That would NOT be me.
Stay at Home and Thriving? That would NOT be me.
5.mayo.2020


Elisa the Bunny Stik asks: "What individuals or groups do you think are thankful for stay at home orders? I'm working on some mock thank you notes and need examples other than needy pets and poorly performing sports teams."

I answer:

"People who really do NOT like people. Some folks here are dreading having to smile and say hello. They love their 60 foot distancing ... because 6 feet is NOT enough.

Anyone who hates shopping but has to for whatever reason. They now have an excuse. Some have gone delivery or pick up. Or just send someone else who is younger or foolish.

Those who want to choose on-line and never have to deal with people face-to face. This gives them cover for any anti-social behaviors.

Gamers, academics, anyone who blots out the outside world.

Some mental issues. ODD can cut both ways. ADHD? Probably not good. Bi-polar? Ditto. Depression? Anxiety? I suspect this is heightened for some but may work for others if it lessens interactions that they find stressful.

Anyone who needs to meditate but can't shut out the outside world without some help.

Survivalists! Preppers! "I told you so!" But of course ... this isn't exactly what most were prepping for.

Anyone who has the money to do whatever they wish regardless. Want to go to the Caribbean? Springtime in the Ozarks? Summer in the UP of Michigan? Winter in Arizona? Just gas up their private plane and away they go. The rules applied to others barely apply to them.

Some farmers, gardeners, are too busy this time of year to notice. They are working most every day sun up to sun down.

Likewise people who always wanted to work at home. Now they know! *Laugh*

Parents who wanted to spend more time with their children than the job allowed them.

Some home-schoolers and religious groups who never wanted to interact or have their children interact with the outside world. This gives them better control."

Truthfully? Not me.
645

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982841