*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983006-Life-again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#983006 added May 7, 2020 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
Life again
Hello, peeps! It has been a few days since I blogged. Life has been quite intense and very busy. Things remain the same at work and we deal with things as they come along. I keep telling myself that I am stronger than I think, but this little voice keeps whispering for me to run away. I hush the voice but sometimes I feel like my hair is on fire and the need for fresh air calls to me. I indulge when the need is great. It is not the patient I run from but the stress of all the things happening around me. There is the constant worry of being infected or worse carrying it to my family. Media is building us up as heroes, but we are people just doing the best we can in difficult times. I received the frightening email that I cared for a patient that tested positive on second testing and to check for symptoms. By the time I got the letter, it had already been 10 days since contact.( enough time to infect my loved ones) The worst part of it was that they said I should be fine as long as I wore the correct PPE The masks on non-covid floors are entirely different than the ones in direct contact with patients. We were told the patient didn't have the virus and dressed according to the rules and limitations of available equipment.They did tell me I was fine to work as long as I wore a mask and so I did. It is something that I knew was bound to happen but it frightened me, more for my husband and kids than me. Good news is I have passed what would have been my quarantine time and we are all safe.
Now as we draw to somewhat of an opening of of society's rebirth we get the letter that there will be layoffs, furloughs, and pay cuts.Hospitals have taken a huge financial hit and I get it but it feels like a slap in the face for the battle we've waged on a personal level.

Home life is busy as well with not one but two 2020 graduates, one college and one high school. Virtual graduations are the hip and happening thing for these times. We shall see how this pans out. Never did I think I would be searching for masks that match graduation gowns. Life is funny if you let it be. Have a great day folks.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983006-Life-again