*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983628-Celebrate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#983628 added May 15, 2020 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Celebrate.
I have been spending many moments on my letter writing campaign. No it is not a political thing! It is a reach out to people I love with letters. I have expanded it as I go along to friends and coworkers. I just want to take the time that I been mandated to spend at home letting people know that I care and miss them. I have never been a social butterfly and can count on one hand the number of friends that I would call up to join me in mischief. I spend most of my off time with family, so why I want so badly to escape this time of isolation is beyond me. I went shopping yesterday just because I could and bought things I really didn't need but wanted. It felt good and improved my spirits greatly. I washed my hands multiple times and wore my mask, doing all that was asked of me, but dammit it felt good to be out among the living and away from really sick people. I got to laugh at the child fighting with their mama about wearing the mask. I got to witness once again the butt-crack syndrome of many young women with the new style of jeans. I got to see both the kindness of others and the blind oblivion to mankind of others.Isolation has changed and possibly softened some hearts, but their are some still secluded by their own selfish needs that life's window vision is obscured. I don't know if we will ever change that, so all we can do is continue being the best that we can be with our willingness to give humanity our grace. As easy as it is to become depressed within our confines, there are others struggling to lift their heads from the pillow. Count your blessings and celebrate life as best you can.

I am so proud of our community for the ceremony provided to our seniors of 2020. It shall be a virtual graduation with each child getting a chance to walk across the stage. The film of all of them will be put together for later viewing with a parade through town. They had signs printed with graduates name lined in front of the school. They had an adopt a senior program with each graduate provided gifts. They have gone over and above to make them all feel loved. My mail carrier actually gave my son a card with personal best wishes and a hand written note. She knows only that he is a senior by the sign in our yard. It is this type of caring effort that makes our world seem a bit less brutal and a whole lot more welcoming.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983628-Celebrate