*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983494-My-10-Minute-Ramble
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#983494 added May 13, 2020 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
My 10-Minute Ramble
PROMPT May 13th

Writing Sprint! Set a timer for 10 minutes and write without stopping about whatever comes to your mind. I challenge you to deny your urge to edit yourself as you write. If you must, you’re allowed to edit, but only after you finish your ten minute sprint. Ready? Set. GO!
         
         
         
         
         My brain is asking if this is some kind of test 'cause it hasn't studied and I'm urging it to just go blank and let the creativity flow. There is hesitation, perhaps downright balking. The refusal is adamant, there will be no 'blanking.' I'm cajoling and pointing out this is a ten-minute exercise, just ten measly minutes. How much time has been wasted now?
         My thoughts are many and jumbled, but the fretting ones are foremost. My youngest had an emergency ultrasound this morning and she sent me a screen shot of the images. This is unheard of to receive a diagnostic test two days after a phone consultation. Huh, no real doctor's visits at the moment thanks to Covid-19. I don't know how to interpret ultrasound images. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a chapter in the Mom handbook that dealt with this. I did a quick Google search though and I did not share my unsubstantiated findings with Danielle. According to the 'wise' site of all things questioned, dark areas on a breast ultrasound image indicate a cyst, or a tumour.
         Now we both worry as we wait for some kind of results. Both of her grandmothers were diagnosed with breast cancer. A few periphery female relatives also knew this type of cancer. The ultimate goal is peace of mind. Is this the big C, or not? Danielle needs an answer.
         In the meantime, she messages me with more questions and at least most of those I can address. For now we buoy our spirits with the daily dose of cuteness, pics of fifteen-month old Alexandra.
         Do I stop typing and put both hands in the air when the ten minutes is up? Whoa, another message has arrived...I hear the...

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983494-My-10-Minute-Ramble