*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983677-Altruism
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#983677 added May 17, 2020 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
Altruism
EDIT: updated to correct the date

"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS | May 15

Prompt

My wife and I set aside a percentage of our income for charitable donations every year. We don't have anything particular in mind at the beginning of the year, but rather just wait to see what we feel pulled to help contribute to throughout the year. Sometimes it's a mission trip someone we know is going on. Sometimes it's a friend or acquaintance who is experiencing financial hardship. Sometimes it's random gifts to show appreciation for the people in our lives who we feel could use a pick-me-up or a little encouragement.

The general motivation for this giving is to generally share some of the resources and finances that we've been blessed with, and it's a practice that we try to observe regardless of how fortunate or strained our finances are during any particular year. After all, a percentage of your income works whether you make a bunch of money or just a little. *Smile* Whether you want to call it karma, good vibes, the Christian thing to do, paying it forward, or just good old-fashioned altruism, we really try to make sure we're able to bless as many people as possible each year.

The results have been incredible. Not only does it feel really good to be able to do something nice for other people, but it's encouraged other people to do the same when they're in a position to do so. The world is such a negative place these days, with so many people fighting and arguing and bringing out the worst in each other, it's a really nice change of pace to promote some good in the world, and some connection to other people.


© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983677-Altruism