*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983808-Tea
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2220524
My first attempt at something like this so it should be an interesting ride.
#983808 added May 17, 2020 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Tea
Write about a fictional road trip where you meet up with your fellow competitors from the 30DBC! Who do you visit first? Do you bring any gifts? Tell us about the crazy blogger shenanigans you all get up to!

A road trip? It would have to be an exceptionally long trip. Probably because I would be cycling and not driving. Cycling across the country is something that I have always wanted to do. I did do a small section a few years ago along the Florida Pan Handle. Lots of sunshine, afternoon thunderstorms and dogs chasing my rear wheel.

Travelling on the small roads away from the freeways is a wonderful way to explore the country. Towns that never usually see a tourist welcome you with open arms. In fact, during one of my visits to a small town in Florida I made an almighty mistake by inviting myself into someone’s house thinking that it was a tearoom.

With lots of hindsight I now see why the two ladies in the house looked a little bit surprised when I sat at their kitchen table and asked them for a cup of fruity tea. They didn’t say a word as I ambled around their house looking at family photos on the walls as I was waiting for the kettle to boil.

It was a lovely cup of tea. I don’t remember if I paid the ladies or not because as I finished my drink the penny finally dropped and I realised my mistake. I still laugh to myself when I think of those two ladies telling the story of a strange Englishman entering their house and asking for a cup of tea.

If or when I get to your neck of the woods, please have some fruity tea in stock. Or if you have some local beers that would go down well also.


© Copyright 2020 Toffeeman1957 (UN: toffeeman1957 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Toffeeman1957 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983808-Tea