*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984074-Smurf-Cookies
Rated: E · Book · Food/Cooking · #2220161
A place for me to keep all my recipes
#984074 added May 21, 2020 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
Smurf Cookies
This is a fun cookie recipe we love doing with the kids. You can adapt it to your tastes and make different shapes or colors.


You will Need:

1cup of butter, softened
1cup White sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups white chocolate chips
4-5 drops blue food coloring

Combine your dry ingredients and set aside, DO NOT ADD the nuts or chocolate chips yet. In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugars and eggs. Add in the vanilla extract, blue food colorings, and hot water. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet. Sprinkle a bit of sugar on your work surface and roll the cookie dough out and use cookie cutters to cut out your shapes. For Smurfs, we use the gingerbread/gingerwoman ones.

On your cookie sheet, next, decortate your cookies with the nuts and white chocolate chips. We use white chips for the hats and feet. We use the nuts for the eyes, and hands...and sometimes they get belly buttons. Be creative here!

Bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes.


***Note*** I have used this SAME recipe for Sunflower cookies...with yellow food coloring and brown chocolate chips for the centers...I've used this to make starfish..of various colors...And, have also made hearts. *HeartV*
© Copyright 2020 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984074-Smurf-Cookies