*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984438-FLYing-for-Young-Parents
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#984438 added May 27, 2020 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
FLYing for Young Parents
         For stay-at-home moms and days, there is hope for a tidy organized home. I recommend The Secret Slob on YouTube. She follows the FLY system and philosophy, but she doesn't just talk about it or demonstrate products for sale. She demonstrates how it works for her.

         She has two preschoolers and a baby. She goes by all the FLY Principles. She talks a little, but then demonstrates her routine for that particular day. She follows the same outline and checklist as the FLY lady. What she calls a "power tidy", the FLY lady calls blessing your family. In this case, it involves picking up the toys and clothes that kids shed and straightening up while they take an afternoon nap. She then gets a few minutes to herself.

         Even if you don't have preschoolers, it might help to see The Secret Slob in action. The concepts begin to fall in place. Others may have different challenges: adults with physical or mental challenges or elderly people. Even arthritis in the hands can cause a lot of crumbs on the floor or trash that misses the wastebasket.

         After you have tried this a week or two, you will find that you may want to switch some days around, like clean sheets on Saturday instead of Monday. But get a feel for it, adapting a few things at a time before you decide if it works for you.

© Copyright 2020 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984438-FLYing-for-Young-Parents