*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984479-Free-Flow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#984479 added May 28, 2020 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
Free Flow
PROMPT May 28th

Help me fill the Challenge War Chest with new prompts! In your entry today, write at least three prompts to be used in future rounds of the 30DBC. Then, write the rest of your entry using one of your own prompts.
         
         
         Well, okay, since you asked nicely, here are a few prompts... in no particular order, or preference.
         Five problems with social media.
         Would you rather have a life rewind button, or a life pause button?
         Would you rather be stuck in an elevator, or stuck in a ski lift?
         Write a letter to a fictional character you created.
         Write an awful advice column.
         Would you rather be an adult your whole life, or be a kid your whole life?
         Would you rather have more time, or have more money?
         My favourite sound is ______.
         Here is my chosen prompt du jour: Write an awful advice column. Why not? People tend to ignore advice anyway, good or bad.
         Dear Seeker of My Nuggets of Wisdom, The first thing I will impress upon you is you are all alone in this big wide world. No one will grant you any favours. If you want something, you must make an effort to grab it by the horns, or the handle bars, or the rope, or the leg, or the latch, or whatever. Waste no time or valuable physical expenditure being polite. Where will that get you? Who respects, or expects that nonsense? Oh, and don't accept no as an answer.
         When stopped and inconvenienced in a line, do not under any circumstances stand there idly tapping your feet and glaring at the others in front of you. Take action. If the line will not move, you move. Hustle to the front of the line by any means necessary. Push, shove, trip, divert, be physical. No need to use your voice and speak your intentions. You don't have all day to waste waiting for who knows how long. Surely, you have plans you don't want thwarted, or postponed. You are not a sheep blindly following the leader.
         In a group situation with mingling persons forget the old rules of give and take, wait your turn, and listen without interrupting. Do you have something you're just dying to say? Are you forced to fidget and bite your tongue? Why should you listen to someone else and yet another? How are you supposed to remember the point you wish to make? Spit it out! Blurt it out. Say what's on your mind. Your thoughts are important. Do not anticipate an opening. Spew, rant, rave, pontificate when you wish.
         We wait too much, don't you agree? Everything we encounter involves us waiting. We wait in lines to purchase items or conduct business. We wait to get a word in edgewise in a conversation. We wait at stop signs, red lights, and for pedestrians. Irksome, eh? We're expected to do this without complaint, to be polite and considerate. The next time you are stewing behind a stopped vehicle that clearly should be proceeding forward, honk your vehicle's horn. Let it blare. Let it irritate. That's what a horn is meant to do. Do not fret about that other driver's reasons, or concerns. Let them feel your annoyance.
         DISCLAIMER: I am Canadian and these obnoxious solutions / behaviours are not in my DNA. Sigh... I wait in lines all the time. Yes, sometimes I am impatient, but I would never usurp someone else's place in line. I initiate a conversation to pass the time. When I hear a car horn, I think what's your problem? We're all temporarily stuck. I try to wait my turn to contribute to a conversation, but certain talkers love the sound of their own voices. Being polite isn't always easy, eh?

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984479-Free-Flow