*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984737-Monster
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#984737 added June 1, 2020 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Monster
I thought I'd go ahead and kick off the month of June with an entry for "Journalistic Intentions [18+]

A bit of background if you can't be arsed to click on the above link: Long ago, Elisa the Bunny Stik created a quote-remixing In&Out, which can be found here: "Fill in the Blank [18+]. Go ahead, give it a try; it's fun. The idea is to change a tired old clichéd sentence into something new, which is definitely an idea I can get behind. So for the June round of the blogging activity, she's selected fourteen altered clichés to choose from, submitted by our fellow members.

One of them was my own, so the least I can do is participate in the blog activity. So eight of my entries for the next five weeks will be inspired by these quotations. As usual, I'll be picking these at random as a personal challenge to see if I can come up with something interesting from anything, which has always been a kind of point of pride with me.

1. An over sized, monster truck on the highway with a competition sound system may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
(Winheim Witheiw )


You know, that sort of thing does annoy me, I'll admit it. But mostly just because anything loud that is not music annoys me. Dogs barking. Lawnmowers. Harleys. Leaf blowers. The trash truck on Tuesdays. Porn videos. But music is usually fine. Hell, if you're tooling down the road with your speakers cranked up to 11, and if I can hear the music over the blast of the face-melting sound system in my own Subaru, I might even like it.

Not so much the exhaust system.

But you know, I find there are two types of people in the world: people who think that there are two types of people in the world; and those of us who know better. Okay, no, seriously, there are at least two common reactions to the monster-truck-loud-on-the-highway scenario:

1. Meh, whatever. You do you.
2. There oughta be a law.

These two reactions typify pretty much everything. Someone's smoking a cigarette on their lawn. Someone's chewing their gum too loudly. Someone fails to put the shopping cart into the parking lot corral. Well, okay, I lean authoritarian on that last one. I mean, really, how fucking hard is it? I don't care if you have brats or you're in a hurry or both. You should have planned better. In both cases.

But if something isn't doing actual, immediate harm, I generally let it go. There's plenty enough drama in the world without adding to it by getting all complainey. So yeah, I lean toward #1 above. I know my rights, and one of them is most definitely not the right not to be annoyed.

I will say this, though, if you're one of the monster-truck-loud-stereo types, at least assuming you're a guy (which is a fair assumption if you're driving a loud monster truck):

I'm very sorry your penis is so small.

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984737-Monster