*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985464-Being-a-Kid-and-Last-Book
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#985464 added June 11, 2020 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Being a Kid and Last Book
Prompt: What was the hardest part of being a kid?

--

I was an only child, and in my early childhood, although I was treated quite well by the adults, I felt terribly isolated and trapped among those beings whose motives I never quite grasped. This was partly due to my mother’s overprotectiveness. She liked to choose playmates for me from among her friends’ kids, and even with those, I was allowed to play not very often.

That had to be why I taught myself to read at the age of four. Actually, I began asking my grandmother who lived with us the letters and words that I saw on the daily newspaper and the calendar that hung on the wall. Once I could read, I was much happier. Maybe because of that, later on, schoolwork came easy to me. I never complained about it like other kids. Plus, once in school, I found a whole lot of friends.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Prompt: You open the last book on earth. What is the book about?

---

That book will have to be the history of our mankind, and it would have to show how foolish and obtuse our species could be for ending up in a post-apocalyptic situation with only the last book. And I bet only some author with gumption would be writing it because all the others would be struggling for survival.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985464-Being-a-Kid-and-Last-Book