*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985553-See-me-take-your-dis-out-of-disABLED
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#985553 added June 13, 2020 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
See me take your dis out of disABLED
See me take your dis out of disABLED
12.june.2012


We all rant and rage and have a right to do so. There's so many injustices out there and some have found you and some have found me!

But to explain these injustices to others I need to build bridges. As a wordsmith I use words. Writing stories may help the public to change their hearts, but asking leaders to makes changes is a different audience. In many cases one needs to be clear, direct and eloquent.

I wrote to a fellow member that has been hurting:

What I suggest: Take this but summerize it in direct journalistic language:

1. In _____ (2013) _____ (Wisconsin) passed a law that did this _____. (All the whys and wherefores distract.)

2. The consequences have been this _____ ('intentional' or 'unintentional' distracts) and now with the pandemic this _____.

3. The solution to this is _____ (the side politics be damned)

4. The intended out come is _____ and can be measured by _____.

I know that this is a personal rant, and as such is fine, but to bring about the change you and I and others need, a summation is the only way I'll ever understand. I suspect that those politicians you need to reach need something more concise as well.

I'm certain that this can be summed up in 200-300 words.

Similarily, personal anecdotal responses to fill in those blanks may also be good, but you'll want to evoke the proper emotions rather than supply them. I'm sad; I'm angry doesn't work. Yeah, we know you are ... now show us!

My template: This ____ (law) made me feel like a second class citizen. It kept me from receiving ____ (money) I needed. It kept me from doing ____. With the ______ (pandemic) I'm further marginalized as others are helped. The solution is ______ (new law, rescind law) which will allow me to be treated as a valued person. You will see this as I contribute more to society. See me take your dis out of dis Abled!


My personal filling in the blanks on ONE of my issues is found here: "Being Gay is part of the Human Rainbow. .
652


© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985553-See-me-take-your-dis-out-of-disABLED