*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986570-Maine-and-Dreams
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#986570 added June 26, 2020 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Maine and Dreams
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: Give us a taste of summer – either through a recipe, or a memory or story that expresses summer to you.

---

I first went to Maine in the middle of the winter when the snow was probably twenty feet high and we drove into a college through snow tunnels. If I am recalling correctly it was the Colby College, near which we stayed less than a week in a small motel where the people had a very difficult time heating the place. I recall the housemaid complaining and me staying inside the room in my NY coat.

Then, we went to Maine several years later for a midsummer vacation. The story was so totally different. Although we drove around Maine and I adored the vast distances and the beautiful vista, we stayed more in Portland. Not to mention the great weather, the waterfront, lobsters, boutiques, lighthouses, ferry boats running to islands, and believe it or not, several Irish pubs. Then, there were the museums and a couple of military forts from World War II. Most of all, I recall the freshness of the air, and somewhat easier summer temperatures.

Although I now live in Florida, where it is summer--mostly scorching--practically year-round, when I think of a best summer location, Maine takes the top place on the front row.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog Group
Prompt: From Adeline ’s "Jessica's Gift.
"In the final analysis, having a dream is often more pleasurable than attaining
it."
What do you think? Do you agree? Why or why not?

---

I am not sure about this. Although having a dream means all excitement and a boost for life in the beginning, when it is over either with winning or, worse yet, with losing, I am not the kind of person who can take it well. Maybe I don’t like to get excited for nothing, but then, I can’t talk for anyone else either.

The positive in having a dream is that it gives a person something to live for, especially if that person is depressed or not feeling quite himself or herself at the moment.

The negative is when the dream ends, especially with an undesirable result. Then, it may be damaging and harmful to the person.

The best, I think, is having a dream but with injecting our reservations into it. Such as, my utmost dream is world peace, but I can also see the impossibility of it, given all the present data. When and if world peace should happen, I’d die or live happily. If it doesn’t, then I am still in status quo, although nothing’s gained.

In short, I think dreams are okay, but only if a safety valve is attached to them.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986570-Maine-and-Dreams