*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986759-Why-the-Pandemic-and-News-Media
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#986759 added June 29, 2020 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
Why the Pandemic and News Media
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven-- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Since it is so, spiritually speaking, why do you think our planet now has this Covid 19 pandemic?


---

Some religions and spiritual thinkers have framed the pandemic as a ‘punishment from God while some scientists think nature is punishing us for our unnatural lifestyle. I think they are both singing the same song.

Natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and epidemics are in the make-up of our planet. With all those, we have to be careful and vigilant. The second we lose our vigilance, we suffer.

I never thought of God as a punishing deity or idea. If anything, God is the most loving teacher and the gentlest in His teaching style. Certainly, He forgives our small discretions, but when those discretions grow bigger and involve others, we’d better be very careful.

As for the nature of this planet, nature is not always a benevolent entity, one we wish to believe to be kind, and by the same token, I don’t think everything natural is good for you. Try eating a poisonous mushroom. It is natural, isn’t it? Our planet’s nature has its own laws and carelessly stepping on them delivers dire results. I think this is what happened with Covid-19.

It is just that we have to face the results of our missteps and always be on the alert, so we don’t become a means to the suffering of other people and this planet. For that end, God uses nature show us the results of our actions.

-------

* Note—I neither like nor want to openly discuss religion or beliefs in a site where all kinds of believers and non-believers abound, but this prompt came about from what I heard from many people, in that they blamed the Creator for the pandemic; in the least, they blamed Him for not stopping it. So here's my two cents on it.



*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog Group

Prompt: From Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love ’s "Invalid Item
"The news media are NOT your friends."
Do you agree or disagree? Why?

----

First, the news media people are neither my friends, nor should they be. They are only expected to tell the truth and not interpret it. That interpretation should be left to me and to those who are willing to give the media a shot.

In that, the news media in its totality has failed.

Journalism is a dignified profession, one we used to look up to. Not anymore, because today’s media has contaminated it.

On the other hand, what the news media does nowadays does not make it an enemy either. The news media is made up of selfish people who only watch for their ends and not the honor of the profession. Their biases and perspectives only favor their ratings and what they can glean as fame for themselves. As such, they have gathered massive power and influence that lies around like dynamite.

I certainly hope, in time, as with everything, the corporate and political worlds' urging and dominating the media will eventually succumb to the law of attraction and gravitate toward the truth and integrity of clean journalism.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986759-Why-the-Pandemic-and-News-Media