*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986967-Ill-Be-Gone-in-the-Dark
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#986967 added July 1, 2020 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
I'll Be Gone in the Dark
Finally had a day off. I visited the wrist doctor who ordered some more physical therapy for me. Happy to have it. I had to do physical therapy on my knee and wrist as I fell down on them when I was a work. The knee is in rougher shape. The knee physical therapy made more of an impact. I **wish** I could go to a gym and target my PT exercises on the knee, (I need a stationary bike which I don't have at the house) but I don't think it's a smart idea during this COVID infested time. I've done some exercises at the house, but it's not quite the same. I'm missing the weight, the bikes... I am icing more which I think helps. No PT this week *Sad*

COSTCO
So after the doctor, I went and did my errands. One was to visit Costco. They have TP and paper towels now but still no lysol, wipes, or paper plates. I've been fortunate enough to visit the "hob" and visit "Greasy See" who will still me the stuff for a profit of course, but still, wish I didn't have to do that.

PLAYED MARIO KART 8
last night with the family. I suck at video games but I seem to be improving. Instead of dead last I'm now between 5-9th place. haha.

CATALINA
Well, about 10 days ago we booked a condo/boat ride to Catalina Island for the 4th of July. Sadly, we had to cancel because the COVID 19 crackdown in LA County. My younger son was pretty upset. Me, too, but if anything it's taught me that wishful thinking will get me in trouble. Just call 2020 a bust and pray 2021 is better.

I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK
When the book came out it was around the same time that they found the Golden State Killer using DNA. Which the author, Michelle McNamara thought would have to happen to solve the crime. The book is a fascinating read into GSK's crimes and Michelle was such a good writer. I like to read True Crime but I am picky about what true crime authors I'll read, and I would definitely recommend Michelle McNamara. It's so sad she was able to see the GSK brought to justice, but it rewarding to her husband, Patton Oswalt was here for it. I just saw part 1 of the HBO series and it's a great opening episode. It gives a great overview of Michelle, her work on TrueCrimeDiary.com and her desire/obsession with the GSK's case.

Moving on...

Hummm... What crazy stuff will happen in July?
Earthquake?
Fires?
Aliens?
Meteor hitting the Earth?
Hurricane?
Where's a funny meme when you need one?


© Copyright 2020 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986967-Ill-Be-Gone-in-the-Dark