*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987380-Quiet-at-Last
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#987380 added July 6, 2020 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Quiet at Last?
The porch is quiet now. We got up and about early. Hubby got an early start to stain wood to go in the remodeling project. I had an 8 AM meeting. Who decided that was a great time for a board meeting way back when? Oh well, the thrift store is going well. On the walk back, I notice some big pieces of wood stacked by the back of the museum. HMMM.... might make good closet doors. Marked free, old wood. Hubby comes over to see. He decides no, too heavy, won't work, well, I tried. But I know what will happen. He'll change his mind. And those large wooden door things will be gone.

I just found out this BLOG got 2nd place in the Bard's Hall Contest for June. Well, how about that! Thank you so much! I appreciate the support. I had fun writing about my little bit of heaven. It also spurred me to write more.

Yesterday I found out we start rehearsal this week for the community theater group I am a part of. My part last year was small, one of those with a line here, there, but lines that are hard to remember because they are here and there and so dependent on someone else remembering their lines. But I go for the fellowship and fun. And if you have never done theater, well, let me tell you it is the most fun. I first started in Ohio when I needed to get out and away from a caregiving situation. I needed an outlet for a few hours a week. It is creative, and even if you are shy, there is always something you can do. I found if I took my glasses off, I could deal with being on stage. Now it's not a problem. I even ham it up for the audience and love the interaction.

As hubby continued to take up carpet in the remodeling project room, he sees a spot near the door. "Oh no, look. Paint on the floor. That'll never come up." I looked at it. Hmmm.... "That does not look like paint." Sure enough. It is plaster, or spackling, or some such material. If you use a putty knife, it comes right up. So, a big problem all of a sudden becomes a minor irritation. You're welcome.

Time to take a walk. I need to check out a house near 8th Ave and 4th Street. We talked about it at the meeting. Reconnaisance. A need to secret mission. Then it will be time to think about our mid-day meal, off to church for another meeting, the radio show, a quick visit to the thrift store, then home for the night.

Tonight I pray will be quiet. Fireworks *Bomb* are to be over by tonight. We'll see. Or the Queen may have to declare "Off with their heads!"



Queen Norma Jean *Crown* of everything Green in SE Montana


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987380-Quiet-at-Last