*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987528-Hail-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#987528 added July 8, 2020 at 12:37am
Restrictions: None
Hail Storm
We stood on the porch this afternoon and watched a good old-fashioned thunderstorm, complete with a little bit of hail. Now you have to understand the deep psychological meaning of the hail watch in Roundup. Three years ago we had a hail storm that virtually destroyed every house and car in the town. Some are still repairing damage, and any car that was left outside and not repaired still shows dents. That storm lasted over half an hour and had hail balls as big as tennis balls. Our home suffered less than most, just a skylight in the kitchen blown out, roof damage and garage damage. Our Jeep was outside the garage, as there was remodeling supplies, yes, we were remodeling at that time also, in the garage. So the Jeep was dented and I think a mirror broken. Pretty minor, but the insurance considered it totaled. Incredible. Whatever, we now have a new vehicle, and were sure it was under cover today. I also was sure my vegetable garden was covered.

So it rained a bit, thundered a bit, and lightning some, and the hail came down. The hail measured about 1/2 inch, but didn't cover the ground like snow, and didn't break windows or shred screens. Whew! Thank God.

Another busy day..... We are getting a little closer to finishing the room remodel. Slow and steady progress. Someone decided to put plaster under the carpet right near the door. We figure on purpose. So now we are trying to decide why, and if it should stay, was it there to build up the floor? Or take it out. Hmmmmm. Hubby is putting outlets in the walls. We need to fix the hardwood floor, then refinish it.

Our lady from Musselshell came over with our fresh eggs. Her garden is now toast. They had a hailstorm yesterday. Musselshell is about 20 miles East of Roundup on Route 12. After Musselshell there is Melstone. Then further you'll find Ingomar, then quite a bit further is Forsythe, This part of SE Montana is flat and open and used to be big sheep country. There are still some ranches out that way. A whole lot of nothing meets your eyes as you drive. Ingomar has the 'Jersey Lily' - a small restaurant/bar. Pretty funky place. Then Forsythe is a biggish town on the Yellowstone River. The Milwaukee Railroad used to run through this part of Montana once upon a time, and you can still see the old rail bed in places.

Right before it stormed we walked up to the library. Our library is part of the high school. It has decent summer hours right now, but during school, we now have to abide by the school's hours. Something about security and safety. It is quite annoying to wait until after school to go there, or wait until the weekend to go during the day. But at least we still have a library so for that we are blessed.

I am trying to round up enough books to add to my reading list for my book club and for the reading activity here on writing.com. Can everyone remember not being able to read? I cannot. I cannot remember not reading. Books have always been a part of my life. My mother worked at the library in town.

So many books - so little time! So let's all write!






Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987528-Hail-Storm