*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987791-Good-Times
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#987791 added July 11, 2020 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
Good Times
I grew up in India and I went to school by bus and cycled once I was grown up enough regardless of the weather and dinner time was at 8:00PM and bed was 9:30PM

Eating out at a restaurant was a huge deal, that only really happened when it was a birthday or a very special occasion.

There was no such thing as Fast food and having a bottle of coke or a Large milkshake from the milk bar was a real treat.

You took your school clothes off as soon as you got home and put on your ‘home’ clothes. There was no taking or picking you up in the car, you walked or rode your bike! You got home did your chores and your homework before dinner.

Our house phone had a cord attached and a rotary dial so there was no such things as private conversations!

We didn’t have hotstar, amazon prime or Netflix, we had only 1 channel to watch and that was Doordarshan.

We played Cops & Robbers, Hide & Seek, Football, Naughts and Crosses, Hop Skotch ,Cricket and any other game we could come up with.....

Staying in the house was a PUNISHMENT and the only thing we knew about "bored" was --- "You better find something to do before I find it for you!"

We played music via a Vinyl records or magnetic tapes

We went to the local shop for grocery and candy used to be a couple of paise.

We ate what mum made for dinner or we ate nothing at all and if we didn’t eat our vegetables there was no dessert if at all there was something sweet at home.

Bottled water is luxury, we drank from the tap.

We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING. We played till dark... sunset was our alarm.

If someone had a fight, that's what it was and we were friends again a week later, if not SOONER.

We watched our MOUTHS around our elders because ALL of our aunts, uncles, grandpas, grandmas, AND our parents' best friends were all extensions of our PARENTS and you didn't want them telling your parents if you misbehaved! Or they would give you something to cry about.

We respected the Police, Firemen, Ambulance workers, Teachers, Doctors and Nurses.

We never answered back..... ever !!

We got punished at school for not doing homework, being late to class or being naughty.

Those were the good days. So many kids today will never know how it feels to be a real kid I loved my childhood and all the Friends I hung around with.

Good Times


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987791-Good-Times