*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987907-Blog-Blog-Blog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#987907 added July 12, 2020 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Blog, Blog, Blog
When did you first start blogging? (anywhere, not necessarily on WDC) Why? What did you blog about? (subjects, topics, personal news, etc.) Has your blogging style changed since you began?



This book is a Hoot! *Fox*


Quote: “The internet is really about highly specified information.”

Eric Schmidt https://blog.thesocialms.com/24-blogging-quotes-inspiration-motivation-perspecti...

What's in a Blog


I don't remember when I first began Blogging. I took a basic programming course through the mail which was really junk. But, I learned some interesting things about computers.

My second son was interested in computers when he was in high school. We bought him an IBM computer that was called a computer but looked like a typewriter. He went to business school to learn programming and other computer subjects.

Then I took the course at home. The first computer I had came with the course; but it only had one megabit of memory. This early we are talking about using bits and words to program but not a lot of graphics.

When My daughter went to college I remember how great it was when she came home grouching about some problem with a disk that I solved for her. *Laugh* Score one for the aging home team. Also, with this little nothing computer I was online and was writing articles for a pet bird website. Kind of blogging, very elementary. *Think*

Then, all children off doing their own thing I landed a job in a doughnut shop. Where the owners did not give raises but, we were allowed to take home one dozen donuts after each shift. Hmm, let's see, 350 to 400 calories per doughnut? You can imagine? Then I got in trouble for giving mine away. Who wants to eat a dozen donuts a day?

I told people I was working to help my kids in college and so I could go myself. After the job was over I applied to a college where a lot of my relatives and two of my kids also had graduated. Then the comments were. Yeah but, I didn't think she was serious.

First semester, fall of 1999. New computer for school, a gateway with memory and dial-up online. Also, classes in research, word, excel, websites and uploading them online, and other cool stuff.

That's when dial-up became a pain. But we are rural. When I was a kid people out here had to fight the telephone company to get lines for a phone that everyone was on the same line with different rings to identify who was getting a call.

Then there was Verizon. Who would not give us the ability (DSL) to run our computers on the phone lines or update the lines. Dial-up just got worse and worse. I signed up with google for Blogspot.com. That is when I began reviewing books.

After school I ended up here on *WDC*. I think I was working on The Monthly Reading Challenge. I did some reviews. And, eventually landed on the 30-Day-Challenge. Started on dial-up. Then, fought for WiFi on Verizon. They kept raising the price. We kept looking at all kinds of service and finally are using Hughes net who went in with a few other companies and put a bigger satellite in the air a few years ago, now doing 5G.

Definitely, it is easier to blog on WDC for me than on Blogspot. WDC has lots of learning implements and tools to make writing and research easier. As for style? I've read blogs online that are being done for pay. I believe they are a little different from what I do here. Because they are aimed at one subject, or if it is a book review it is longer than what I did for the Reading Challenge. Certainly organizationally I'm better than when I started. Not sure about style.


BYE*FlowerP*













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987907-Blog-Blog-Blog