*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988020-July-13-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#988020 added July 13, 2020 at 8:00am
Restrictions: None
July 13, 2020
A signature for my blogThis image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

This image made by Sharmelle's Expressions. Todays prompt comes from Philippians 2:21. It says "I will seek your interests Christ Jesus, rather than my own."

In today's dog eat dog world, how do we do that?

I find that it is a balancing act. God created the world and set it in motion. The world was perfect in the beginning and sin such as greed was not a part of it. The man sinned and the whole universe fell into the chaos of death and decay because God was not willing to let man suffer alone. This brought competitiveness and greed into play. Now humans must work for food and meet such personal needs as grooming, food, water, shelter, etc. We also balance all of that with worshiping God. When it boils down to it God only wants one-tenth of our time. I believe there are 107 hours in a week so God wants 10.7 of those hours dedicated to Him. Most of us use that time for worship, prayer, and daily devotions. For me 10.7 hours was not enough. To stay focused on God I need to be in a preaching position. This blog helps as does my chaplain position. What helps most is my career. I work as a Christian and it keeps me 100% focused on God.

** Image ID #22224458 Unavailable ** Planet:
 Ordinary Heroes  (E)
Ordinary Heroes
#1573214 by Charity Marie - <3


Prompt: Write about heroes: fictional or real.

I live with real-life heroes every day. I am fortunate enough to live at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV. Sometimes the guys here get on my nerves and we are all human after all. The long and short of it is that I have never known a better group of people. These guys will go out of their way to help each other out. It isn't at all unusual to see somebody drop everything they are doing and spend the entire day helping somebody else. There isn't a person among them who did not sign on the dotted line and raise the right-hand swearing that they were willing to die if necessary to help each other out and defend their country. The camaraderie is great.

Despite all of that the love of my life and my real hero is Jesus Christ who gave up the position of being equal with God to become a man and face death, even death on a cross. He will be my hero for eternity.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: "In the hands of a great poet, words have ways of affecting us in ways we don't understand." -- Kenneth Branagh
Let this quote inspire your blog entry."

I agree with Branagh. Poetry can stir the imagination and affect us in ways we do not begin to imagine. I've read poetry before only to wake up in the middle of the night realizing the poem had a hidden meaning or other insight I originally missed. I wish I could think of a good poem to go with this but I can't. Besides, I have a test to study for.

Blog City image small "Prompt: “Literature was born on the day when a boy came crying ‘wolf, wolf’ and there was no wolf behind him. That the poor little fellow because he lied too often was finally eaten up by a real beast is quite incidental. But here is what is important. Between the wolf in the tall grass and the wolf in the tall story there is a shimmering go-between. That go-between, that prism, is the art of literature,” says Vladimir Nabokov.

From your own personal point of view, what is literature to you?"

I think literature began before that. It began when God had His word in mind in eternity. I really don't know how to best describe literature. It has the power to shape minds.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsSignature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988020-July-13-2020