*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988295--MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHYAM-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#988295 added July 16, 2020 at 4:40am
Restrictions: None
πŸŒΊπŸ€ MATRI GURU NAMAMAHYAM πŸ€πŸŒΊ
Ma taught that all paths were one and supported devotees in pursuing whatever path fit their inclination. In 1981, a devotee in Kankhal asked Ma, " What is better, to die at Vrindaban or at Kashi ?"

Those who are on the bhakti marga think to die at Vrindaban, because they have the saguna rupa (the form with qualities) of God there in form of Sri Krishna. Those who are on the nirguna marga and want to obtain the God who is jnana svarupa (the essence of knowledge), Atma svarupa (the essence of the Self), and nitya (eternal) take Kashi as their mukti kshetra (place for liberation) because Shiva is there. But where does He not exist? Where is the place unoccupied by Bhagaban? He is everywhere.

In Pilani, in 1962, Ma said :

A person starts liking a particular nama (name) and rupa (form). Some like the idol of Sri Rama while others like that of Sri Krishna, Durga or Kali or Shiva. Some like to follow the path of yoga, while others like to go on kriyamarga or karmamarga (the path of actions and works). Some like worshipping, while others like the Advaita philosophy of nirakara-upasana (meditation on the formless God) as they do not want to be involved in nama and rupa. Whatever line one likes, it automatically lays bare within oneself, it opens the way for shradhdha (faith) to awaken.

Although Ma insisted that the paths of bhakti, jnana, and karma, are " one in the same," she did, however, encourage people to pick a path and stick with it. On one occasion Ma was having a conversation with a man about the comparative degree of difficulty of the path prescribed by the Puranas, the path of bhakti, and the path prescribed by the Upanishads, the path of jnana. Seeming somewhat exasperated, she said, " Why do you ride in two cars ? Go by one. Either Purans or Upanishads, follow one of them. Then you will not have any confusion. Follow one and do not condemn the other. Do not condemn anyone.

In Vrindaban, in 1969, Ma says to a devotee :

When the pure Atma is mixed with ajnana (ignorance), which is the dirt, it becomes dirty and it is called jiva (the individual soul). There is a way to make the dirty water clean. We filter it. Similarly, there is a way to change the jiva into Atma. Filter it with the help of yoga. Yoga removes the dirt of ignorance and passions from the jiva and the pure Atma starts shining again, it becomes Parabrahma Paramatma.

Ma also speak the language of bhakti. For example, in Haridwar in 1972, Ma says :

Keep one thing always in your mind. God has come to me in the form of this name. I have achieved Him in this form. I will not leave His company. What is chanting ? It is just keeping company with Him. When you will be in His company, it will dye your mind His colour. He will dye you the colour you need. That is why I say you should never leave His company. Keep him with you in the form of chanting His name. When you keep on doing it, one day it will " occur " in you. You will attain the state where the name will go on in you without effort.

In Pilani in 1962, Ma says :

How is knowledge gained ? What a beautiful discussion you have started. Knowledge is nitya-prapta (existing from eternity). It is eternally in you. Had it not been there in you, you would never have asked, " How is it gained ?" For example, suppose you have a stone, which contains a lot of wealth, groceries and everything. You do not face any difficulty. But then you ask, " How can we get a grocery store ?" When do you need to know how the knowledge is gained ? This is His will only. The Lord has inspired you to ask this question. You are the Self. The thought that you are not He is nothing but ignorance, a veil. But the (veil) is removable. It is like cloud. The clouds cover the sun but once they are removed, the sun is still shining. Jai Maa!!!


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988295--MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHYAM-