*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989270-The-Sacred-and-Symbols
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#989270 added July 27, 2020 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
The Sacred and Symbols
Kamal (Perfection), 12 Kalimat (Words) 177 B.E. - Monday, July 27, 2020

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

Day 2810: “Sacred space is not just an external place. It is an internal place as well.” ― Mat Auryn
Use this quote to inspire your blog entry.

The soul, the "inmost reality" of every human being, is sacred. It is the mirror capable of reflecting all the attributes of God. In order for the soul to reflect the radiance of God's light, it must be detached--cleaned of the dust and dross material desires. This occurs when the individual passes a test or overcomes aver come a difficulty that has kept it from expressing or accepting the Will of God in their life.


"...Upon the inmost reality of each and every created thing He hath shed the light of one of His names, and made it a recipient of the glory of one of His attributes. Upon the reality of man, however, He hath focused the radiance of all of His names and attributes, and made it a mirror of His own Self. Alone of all created things man hath been singled out for so great a favor, so enduring a bounty."
Bahá’u’lláh12

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2199: William Butler Yeats defined symbols as “images that are living souls.” Can you think of and talk about a few symbols in your culture or in your life that you hold dear that might fit Yeats’s definition?

A symbol can represent a living soul, but I don't think all symbols are living souls. The most important symbols represent the sacred, with each religion having its own symbols. The symbols that I consider sacred represent the Baha'i Faith. These symbols are the Five-pointed Star, The Greatest Name, the Nine-pointed star, and the Ring Stone symbol.3 Information about these symbols are found in Baha'i Symbols https://bahai.com/Bahaullah/symbol.htm.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, XXVII
2  https://www.bahai.org/r/441185340
3  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%CA%BC%C3%AD_symbols


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989270-The-Sacred-and-Symbols