*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989387-Free-Fall
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#989387 added July 29, 2020 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Free Fall
July 28th Prompt: Write three of your own prompts and then reply to one of them.
         
         
         Okay, three prompts, eh? Here they are, ta da. 1. What is the most annoying habit of others? 2. Pretend you're a dog for a day. Write about a day in the life of a dog from your new perspective. 3. What if your mirror started to talk to you? What would it say to you?
         Hmmm, I choose number three. A talking mirror?
         "Hey, how ya doin'? Long time no see."
         "Um, you saw me this morning. Did you forget?"
         "Of course not. It's just talk. So, how ya doin'? Busy? Tired?"
         "No, not particularly. Why? Do I look tired? What do you see?"
         "Oh, ha, ha. Nothin.' It's a greeting really. Are you sure?"
         "Come on, you're my mirror. Give it to me straight."
         "What? You want me to gloss over the facts a little, or just lay it all out?"
         "Is it that bad?"
         "Mmmm, I dunno. You do have dark bags under your eyes. Did I say bags? Ah, ya... they're more like large suitcases. Aren't they heavy? You really haven't noticed them? Wow."
         "I only glance at you and this is the first time you've spoken to me. Couldn't you describe them as smudges instead? Your observation is a tad harsh."
         "Sniff. Don't blame me. The lighting in here is lacking. In fact, it's downright grim. Uh huh, nothing flattering in this room."
         "So, the lack of bright light is to blame? All I need is a better light bulb?"
         "Hold up. I didn't say that. I recognize under eye bags, oh sorry, smudges, when I see them. Oh, do you know about the wrinkles and the grey hair? Should I mention them? You seem sensitive."
         "Ack! Why are you criticizing me? No, I don't recognize the face staring back at me."
         "Well, trust me, it's you. You aint no spring chicken anymore. Wait. Where are you goin'? Don't you want to talk some more?"
         "I don't know. Maybe I need a second opinion. Maybe I need a better moisturizer."
         "You do that. I only speak the truth. I'm a mirror ya know. I reflect. That's all I do. Will I see ya later?"

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989387-Free-Fall