*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989511-Heres-Two-Bits-of-Magical-Savvy-Oh-My
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#989511 added July 30, 2020 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Here's Two Bits of Magical Savvy; Oh, My!
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: Write about 5 magical winds.

===

I’ve never heard of the five magical winds, maybe because I am not much of a dedicated fantasy reader. All I know are the five elements of Godai as earth, water, fire, wind, and void (ether) in Japanese Buddhism, upon which the teachings of ninjas are based. Then, there’s the five magic rings, a business approach based upon the Ninjas' teachings, which not being interested in the wheelings and dealings of any business practices, I have no inkling what they are about. Tolkien also talks about the rings of power but those rings’ numbers are more than five.

This, I imagine, leaves me to invent my own five magical winds.

Wind 1. It is the wind that sneaks in before a hurricane hits the land, especially on where I now live, and leads the hurricane away to the open seas and no human’s belongings or life on land is compromised.

Wind 2. A wind of peace, as soft as a breeze but as powerful as an electric current, spreads all over the earth. No more wars or battles or fights, ladies and gents. How about that?

Wind 3. A wind of abundance surrounds the earth that protects the people from hunger and need as well as favoring and taking good care of all the animals, wild or domesticated.

Wind 4. A wind of good health blows all over the planet and penetrates into the most hidden corners and holes to rid us from epidemics, pandemics, and all kinds of diseases.

Wind 5. A wind of smarter thinking and judgment blows into the USA's capital city, and the factions there stop arguing about insignificant things. As an example, wearing the masks. Look at it this way. If we the people were told from the beginning that a mask saves both the wearer and those around him, people wouldn’t put up a fight. But no, what the idiots insist is that the people have to wear the masks to protect others. Well, hello? Only a few people are that altruistic. People who are ignorant of human nature shouldn’t be made into legislators and rulers.

Here! Now that I ranted and carried on, I feel better already! *Rolling*


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From innerlight ’s "The Magical Leprechaun
“Even though I'm not full Irish, I believe in the myths in a major way.
Write about this in your Blog entry today,” says *Heart* Megan who is into magical thinking today.


---

While innerlight ’s poem talks mainly about the leprechauns, there are so many other myths and mythical creatures in the Irish lore. Yes, the leprechauns are whimsical little people and they engage our minds in a certain fun-loving way, but what about Macha, the goddess of the horses, pixies, shamrocks, etc.? Who hasn’t looked for a shamrock for luck insides a field of clovers?

Yet, there is more. Have you ever heard a banshee’s shrill cry in your nightmares and fled to the Druids to save you from its shenanigans? How about the many gods and goddesses, too? Yes, they abound, but I can’t tell their names for two reasons. First, if only for the silly reason of self-preservation, I don’t want to invoke a far-away deity’s name and cause disturbance for him or her...or me. Second, *Headbang* I don’t know the names of all the Celtic deities.

The Celtic myth I like the most, though, is the magic fish, Salmon of Knowledge. A person who tastes its flesh becomes wiser and more knowledgeable, like Fionn who tasted the salmon Finegas caught and became the greatest warrior of all time.

I think I may now go on a strictly salmon diet. It might just be that Fionn’s story is much more than a myth. *Wink*



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989511-Heres-Two-Bits-of-Magical-Savvy-Oh-My