*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989653-August-1-Antarctica
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989653 added August 1, 2020 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
August 1 Antarctica

Fairy playing a flute *Dolphin*


DOWN UNDER



Quote I Used: “Antarctica, you know, that giant continent at the bottom of the earth ruled by penguins and seals.” by C.B. Cook, Twinepathy.

Antarctica is the 5th largest continent. The largest land animal is a wingless midge, Belgica antarctica. It’s about 0.5 inches ;able to survive through winters on the continent and lives to eat other types of insects that live there during the summers.

As for penguins and seals they mostly live in the oceans off the coast of Antarctica. They eat the krill and other small ocean inhabitants. They rest on the land, birth and raise their young there. But, truly inhabit the sea along the coast.

The most dangerous mammal is the Leopard Seal which will eat anything and has been known to attack humans. It is also known to attack small boats sometimes. So, beware kayakers.

I guess the very fact the animals can withstand the climate makes them rulers by social abilities.

Twinepathy sounds like a story to be read. According to C. B. Cook , from his blog World of the Writer, found at Wordpress.com, Twinepathy is now on the shelves for 4 years and a new book is coming out soon.

There is more to learn about the continent down under than I ever noticed before. I’m on my way now to do more research. Until another day; Happy Trails in the snow. (Then why is it so warm here?)*Penguin*


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989653-August-1-Antarctica