*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989787-Sunny-Sizzling-Sydney
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#989787 added August 3, 2020 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sunny, Sizzling Sydney
DAY 3 In Sydney, Australia:
         
         
         
         
         Woohoo! I'm in Sydney, Australia pinching myself. This is a dream destination and I wish my eldest grandgiggle, Sydney was with me. I shall have fun in her honour.
          The Hilton Sydney will be my one-day base and though it boasts many features, I have plans that will take me away from its amenities. Sigh, the life of a jet-setting tourist is a busy one.
         As fast as I could chew, I scarfed down my choices from the breakie buffet. I glanced at a menu and noticed a strange offering. The odd name spoke to me, lime syllabub. I learned it's a pudding concocted of whipped cream, sugar, lime, and sherry or white wine. Hmmm, intriguing... maybe I'll indulge later this evening.
         Oh, this is definitely a first for me, a vending machine that offers flip-flops. This gadget stands in the hotel lobby and a foot-sizing chart is displayed conveniently on the floor before it. Is this a subtle hint to relax and adopt beach footwear? Thanks, but I never travel without a pair of my own. My toes anticipate some sand and surf dipping today.
         My feet and I hit the street for a self-propelled walking tour. My head constantly swivelled and I rarely blinked. Wow, Sydney! I strolled through Hyde Park and I'm certain all anyone heard from me were gasps, oohs, and ahhs. The grass is so green and lush, but I did not tarry to lounge on it. The most gorgeous tree I ever espied took my breath away. Its leaves resemble green ferns and its blooms bedazzle with a vibrant purple. I like its unique name, too, the jacaranda tree. This is the oldest public parkland and it glows with pride and preservation. The many fountains are amazing and the Archibald Fountain is a stunning work of art. I love the water-spouting turtle.
         With no time to waste, I saunter over to Darling Harbour and of course, the name Darling reminds me of Peter Pan. Is this the exotic Neverland? Certainly, pixie dust has been scattered here. I can imagine pirates cavorting here, too.
         I enjoyed my meander through the lovely serenity of the Chinese Garden of Friendship and I stopped to savour a quick cuppa at the Tea House.
         After my brief respite, I discovered the magnificent steam-powered carousel created in the 18th century. Now, this is a working piece of history. Noticing the lack of steam did not dampen my fun ride. I envisioned bonneted, long-gowned women enjoying this sedate, civilized attraction. I am so grateful that style of fashion is in the past. Toting a parasol everywhere? Not for me. Buttoned shoes? Uh-uh, flip flops for me. Alas, a modern electric engine is deemed more efficient, but the original motor remains.
         I rewarded my toes with a dip in the pristine sand and surging surf at Bondi Beach. I strolled barefoot as I squinted and gawked. In my mind, I strutted as one of the beautiful, bikini clad beach bodies. Hey, this is a dream, virtual vacation, isn't it?
         With my walk behind me, I set sail on the Sydney Harbour Coffee Cruise. Now, this is the life, sippin' and sight-seein' on the water! With unlimited self-serve coffee, tea and biscuits I could prop my tired legs up and just exercise my eyesight. The scenic few hours slipped away like the silent wake of this water craft. The sun danced and sparkled on the water and caressed my pale Canadian skin. I ogled iconic sights such as the Opera House. Its distinctive white-sails roof is a wonder.
         Since money and time are refuted concepts in this virtual exploration, I next opted to indulge in the Blue Mountains Day Trip. This could have qualified as the various forms of travel in the comedy film, 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles.' My excursion began with a van ride across the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I then ventured on a train, a cable car, a tram, and my own two feet hiking.
         I felt the cooling mist of a waterfall and marveled at its mighty roar. It was no Niagara Falls from my home province, but dramatic nonetheless. I felt the imposing power of The Three Sisters. At Featherdale Wildlife Park I got up close and personal with a kangaroo and coaxed him to nibble treats from my hand. Oh, what fun, I posed for a pic with a cuddly koala. More of the unique scenery greeted me as I returned along the Parramatta River on a ferry.
         Intrigued by its name, I signed up with The Buccaneer Explorer trip. Sigh, no pirate ship or frigate awaited me. I was not lent a sword, a peg leg, or a head scarf. Pirate speak was not mandatory either.
         I boarded a small plane for a flight over waterways and lush foliage. Back on land, I beheld the wonder of the Horizontal Falls, a phenomenon of sea water and rock formations. At Cape Leveque, I dined on the white, sandy beach. I swam, splashed and snorkeled in the refreshing clear water which glimmers blue and green when spied from the air. Now I truly understand the words turquoise and azure. As I bobbed on the waves, I seemed weightless. Sigh, my eyes rebelled. Salt water stings. Reluctantly, I flew back to Sydney.
         Did I fail to mention the harmony of various accents I heard during my walkabout/ gadabout? Australia lures many diverse cultures. My ears savoured the broad long vowels of the Aussies delivered with such ebullience. I noted the sing song of Asians. European tongues are no strangers.
         Apondia Lyn's a sly fox Lazy Writer est 4/24/2008 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 Prosperous Snow celebrating and I gambol over to Paddy's Markets to browse and unabashedly people-watch. It's a fun evening after our busy day. Sydney pulsates with life. We chin wag and laugh. We come to appreciate the Aussie expression, "no worries mate." I wonder what awaits us during the train trip?

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989787-Sunny-Sizzling-Sydney