*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990627-Producing-Two-Poetry-Volumeswhen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#990627 added August 12, 2020 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Producing Two Poetry Volumes...when?
I've now begun the process of editing two books of poetry to self publish. I know I am not up to the task, but forcing myself to begin. I titled the books, but won't name since I will likely change. I know what I want each to be filled with. There are two defined sides to my writing, both freeverse.

I want one book to be about my sensitivities as they relate to people who struggle with oppression, self-worth and overcoming manipulation. It gets dark and heavy and isn't altogether pretty. Ironically it is not the title of the other book, which is temporarily titled, "Beauty Has Thorns." In that, it's nature poetry. It's not necessarily sunny day, walk my puppy or kiss the girl. Though, it will have elements of that with introspection. I think I'll leave out cutesy or humorous for a third book. That would take more poems to fill.

The process has got me crafting two new poems to start already. I felt a forward was necessary for one and it turned into a poem. I will not produce those poems here. I've plenty of content on display. It's really necessary to start building myself up as a writer in the real world, separate from this pond.

I've not been diligent in the process of putting myself out there, though I was told to submit for years. After I took a writing class in 2018, I knew I had to join the wine and cheese set. I was about to put the other foot forward this year when Covid19 happened.

I think I just need to keep doing for me. It means shit is going to get real. I need to stop acting a pushover and name my bullies and opponents one by one until each dragon is slayed. I will overcome obstacles as a legally blind writer who struggles with, as yet diagnosed, attention deficit disorder and other learning disabilities. Add this inner rage that keeps my nose to the grindstone and I could be a monster worthy of being chased by villagers will torches and pitchforks.

Not to worry, though. I have a civil tongue, not ignorance.

I will have my moments again. I will be quick to rage and act uncomfortably on anger. This process of trying to produce worthy writing since joining WDC in 2006 has been an eye-opening process. I just need to persevere, right or wrong in my judgments going forward. I value myself just a little bit more.

8.12.20
edit later

© Copyright 2020 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990627-Producing-Two-Poetry-Volumeswhen