*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990941-Ethiopia
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990941 added August 16, 2020 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Ethiopia
BCoF: Let's talk about Ethopian cuisine. There's a few things listed, what would you recommend for us to try and why?
What did you think about the coffee section? What's your favorite hot beverage coffee, tea or hot chocolate?


signature dancing owl

I guess if I was to recommend a food to you it would be the Wat. It is a curry dish containing meat, maybe lamb or chicken; served on injera, which is a sourdough flatbread. I've cooked dishes similar to the sourdough flatbread. Actually, at some time in my life other mothers I knew were passing around the sourdough starter for flatbread. The stew Wat, has vegetables, and spices something close to a favorite dish in Cairo.

My favorite hot beverage has always been tea. I say this puts me in peril because the people around here favor coffee as a rule. They seem to remember that tea was the beverage dumped in the bay while the coffee was not touched. *Laugh* Any way, I don't drink a lot of hot chocolate. I never drink coffee. It makes me happy to see that so many of the places we are traveling to offer tea as a choice beverage.

The priests that are in charge of worship in the churches are also farmers. They are educated by church to care for the worship services and take part in the social aspects of their village. One of them on a YouTube is far sighted enough to see the modernization that is coming into the local towns. He knows it will make some changes in the social attitudes of the people and is working toward educating some of the younger males of the villages, so if they leave and attend higher education they will understand the roots of their worship and culture. He is hoping that his sons will have a dual education as priests but also as doctors of medicine.

I did not think the information I read took into account the upheavals in the area in the last few years.

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990941-Ethiopia