*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990942-Day-16-Virtual-Visit-to-a-Stone-Church-in-Ethiopia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#990942 added August 16, 2020 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Day 16: Virtual Visit to a Stone Church in Ethiopia
Jamal (Beauty), 17 Kamal (Perfection) 177 B.E. - Sunday, August 16, 2020

Our trip has been customized to meet our needs.We will not be having the down time listed in the beginning.

https://www.safaribookings.com/day/t21782

We're arriving and immediately leaving by plane to our adventure to Lalibela which is home to the 12th-century hand carved rock churches of King Lalibela (1181 - 1221) whom the town is named after. We'll have lunch in our hotel, then visit the first group churches of Lalibela (UNESCO World Heritage Site) which are found northeast of a stream named ‘River Jordan’.

In a 1970 report of the historic dwellings of Lalibela, Sandro Angelini evaluated the vernacular earthen architecture on the Lalibela World Heritage Site, including the characteristics of the traditional earth houses and analysis of their state of conservation.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g480193-d7619296-Reviews-Tomb_of_A...

Our meals are included but no alcoholic beverages so we're doing a brew tour.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g480193-d12133587-Reviews-Lalibela...

Discuss what you saw, and the things that you found interesting.

Houses of Worship
carved from the living stone
of the planet
proclaim God's love for humanity
as revealed through the Manifestation
of His Holiness Christ.


"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

King James version of the Holy Bible: Mathew 6:9-13

To stand
barefoot at the door
of one of these stone churches
and recite the Lord's Prayer
is to feel the presence
of the Holy Spirit echoing
across the ages.

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Give us day by day our daily bread.

And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil."

King James version of the Holy Bible: Luke 11:2-4



© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990942-Day-16-Virtual-Visit-to-a-Stone-Church-in-Ethiopia