*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991302-Cape-Good-Hope
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991302 added August 21, 2020 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
Cape Good Hope
30 day We're heading straight out on our tour of Cape Good Hope and hopefully we'll see penguins and get some time on the pristine beaches.
There's lot of things on the itinerary. Check it out and talk about the things that appeal to you. The link has 100 pictures available for your perusing enjoyment on trip advisor. And there's more pictures on travel and leisure. I'm sure you can weave a tale by looking at the pictures.

owl for signature use *Music2*


There it is! The Egyptian sphinx. Do you see it lynn, Fivesixer? I tugged at Sandra Lynn to turn her in the direction I was pointing. Blue Moon chirped her input. I think I see the Flying Dutchman.

The Flying Dutchman is a ghost ship legend of a ship that went down off the coast of the Cape.

We not only saw penguins; we saw Chacma Baboons. It's only a 30 minute drive from the Nature Reserve Entrance to the cape. The road runs parallel to the coast line. We had to stop for everyone to take pictures of the expansive impressive views. I liked to look at the clouds piled up in long rows, wind blown into place, like a hedge in the sky.

Ostriches running wild on the beaches, tribes of baboons with baby monkeys along the road, red hartebeasts, cape zebras all within the wildlife reserve.

Looking out to sea with binoculars a southern right whale was spotted. Look quick before it dives.

Cape Hope is a port for ships. It was originally called the Cape of Storms. Warm winds blow one way and cold winds blow another way inside the bay, at different times of the year. It creates good oxygen and blows away pollution when cycling into the warm part of the year.

Where the Atlantic ocean meets the Indian Ocean warm currents hit colder currents creating rough massive waves. These waves have caused more than one ship wreak.

The name was changed to Cape Hope to help change its reputation for disastrous sea problems.Cape Good Hope is not the southern most point as the signs seem to indicate. It was a long and satisfying day in the sun. No storm to mar the trip.

Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991302-Cape-Good-Hope