*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991303-Lets-get-out-of-here
Rated: 13+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #2168231
Stories for SCREAMS!!! and stories for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
#991303 added December 1, 2020 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
Let's get out of here
Tom’s face was motionless as he heard the judge's verdict. Three years of imprisonment for manslaughter. It could have been worse, much worse.

He thought about what he’d done six months ago. Flashes of his life with Pam when her behavior changed after she met that tennis teacher. How he, on impulse, had killed her before she could break up with him.

A crime of passion, the jury concluded, and they gave him 3 years. He was okay with it; his life had no meaning now Pam was gone.

A broken man, he turned to his attorney, “Thank you, Bob, you did your best.” They shook hands.

Let’s get out of here” he turned toward the two Correction Officers behind him. They escorted him to the State Prison, a few miles down the road.

Inside the police van, he looked outside. Familiar views passed his eyes. He would see those for the last time.

But three years were gone in a flash, he told himself. Maybe he could build a new life without Pam. Was it worth it? Or was there still a way out?

He closed his eyes and thought about his options. Within minutes he made up his mind.

Inside his clenched fist, he felt the sharp edges of the razor blade Bob had provided.

“This one is for you, Pam,” he uttered before he cut both his wrists.

On arrival, the two guards found him sitting upright in a pool of blood. They rushed him to the prison hospital, but it was too late.

That afternoon he died with a smile on his face.


WC:270


© Copyright 2020 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991303-Lets-get-out-of-here