*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991410-August-23-2020-Mandela
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991410 added August 23, 2020 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
August 23, 2020 Mandela
BCoF: Nelson Mandela, was a complex man. Discuss what you learn with one of the links.

signature dancing owl


Nelson Mandela's life represents his views after he experienced education and apartheid which was a colliding kind of social disruption.

I liked the history of Mandel presented in Wikipedia. I watched some PBS stories about his imprisonment and subsequent release and rise to the presidency. Facts about his youth and education as a lawyer were not something I remember seeing in the documentary. Going into a higher educational situation in your formative years helps you solidify your beliefs. For Mandela it was necessary to live, in the moment, each time he had to stand up for what he believed was right. If it's right you don't back down. He had different historical figures to tell him about standing up for what you believe. He had the back up of other people who also believed what he was fighting for. As a leader, it was his trail they were following. If you lead well you show what needs to be done, not just tell.

In a way this is a classic life story. Grow as an adult. Take a stand. Be punished for your stand. Be rewarded for your stand. With the world looking on it helped to keep him alive. World wide news coverage makes people more cautious about the kinds of punishment is handed to political opponents. In the end he was able with the help of others to turn the political outlook around to a right attitude.


Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991410-August-23-2020-Mandela