*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991457-Mauritania
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991457 added August 24, 2020 at 7:34am
Restrictions: None
Mauritania
Nouakchott, Mauritania:Discuss what you enjoyed on the tour or the library, or the shipyard graveyard or even the restaurant. Maybe all of them. Have fun! Nouakchott Hotel and tours.

signature dancing owl


Nouakchott, Mauritania

The hotel is clean and adequate for spending so few hours in it that we are able. I like its' height and the ability to see out over the city.

You can hear the call to worship from one of the Mosques from here. It seems like an ancient sound. The mosques are high walled building that remind me of forts. The high walls keep in the coolness of the concrete.

When I visited the libraries of Chinguetti I yearned for a life of scientific exploration of just these 5 libraries. As a big fan of saving all written works in digital form, I can see several lifes' work here. There is an effort going forward to save all the works in the libraries. As they are owned by private owners, it is an ongoing negotiation by world authorities. It also surprises me that tourists are allowed to visit the libraries and read, if you are able, the scrolls and books found here.

It's interesting that the city of Chinguetti is considered a Holy place. It is on the way to Mecca. It is also known for its scholarly, knowledge endeavors. Students study here. Lawyers learn here. People pray here.

At Port de Peche the fishing boats are a wonder. They are painted with fancy murals and symbols. When they put out to sea in the morning the colorful vessels bounce on the waters, covering the sea clear out to the horizon, where ocean meets sky. A local fish monger pushes a cart on his way to city streets, which makes me smile.

A fish monger pushed a cart every morning in Panama City at sun rise, down a street where I lived shouting, "Fresh Fish, Fresh Fish."

Nouakchott was made the capital of Mauritania to help the unity of Blacks and Arab Moors. It is a zone where a biogeographic ecoclimate between north Sahara and the south savanna intermingle. The long coast line has sand pushing into the sea. In some places high dunes push into frothy sea waves like reddish colored walls.

The city hosts muslim, catholic, protestant, and evangelical churches. A mix and blend of people that caused a growth of population since the city was born. In this African culture the blend works to human advantage.


Merit Badge in Travel
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being such a marvelous travelling companion.





© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991457-Mauritania