*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991650-Stocking-Feet-for-the-Fireman
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#991650 added August 26, 2020 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Stocking Feet for the Fireman
Today the porch is cooler. A big wind *Wind* storm blew through last night. It took some heat and smoke away. It also brought a bit of rain and cooler temperatures.

Before the big blow, I walked to a Chamber of Commerce meeting. As I approached the fire department building, the siren *Whistle* went off. Oh great, I thought, another fire. It's been hot and dry for a week. Fires *Fire* are not uncommon at this time of year. Grass fires mainly. And they say it's due to combines, farm machines, sparks. So I walk a bit further to see come screaming down the street four or five trucks. Our fire department is all volunteer, by the way. One guy parks and jumps out, no shoes, stocking feet, runs into the building. Another guy jumps out of his truck, leaves his blinkers on. Another parks and runs into the building. Within the space of five minutes all the crew for the one fire truck have assembled and off the truck goes, sirens blaring, down the street. More people arrive to man more trucks. I watch from across the street for a few moments then continue on my way to the meeting. As I walk I see a sheriff go screaming down the street with his sirens and lights on headed in the same direction as the fire truck. I say a quick prayer for all involved.

The Chamber meeting was uneventful. Talk of this and that, like trying to juggle cats.*Cat2* We want to get the members to do something to get businesses involved in bettering the town. Well, good luck with that. A few of us want to get a new Chamber of Commerce welcome center going. Well, good luck with that.

After the meeting I walk home again, a nice walk on a warmish evening, glad I can walk safely in a small town. I say hi to a friend sitting on her front porch.

Today we did meals on wheels, as usual. Now I am getting ready to go to church then to the thrift store to volunteer. It is my busiest day of the week. Play practice is later this evening.

Life is good and busy and safe in our little corner of Montana. *Mountains*




© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991650-Stocking-Feet-for-the-Fireman